I'm a Maverick driver running RMW (regional midwest) if you have a question

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Craig Ryan, Nov 12, 2016.

1. tony97905

tony97905 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Land of Ahhhhhs
    I inquired about flatbed but my location was outside their hiring area unfortunately (central Kansas). I have heard a lot of good things about Maverick and was surprised when they told me that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Craig Ryan

Craig Ryan Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis IN
    We aren't as big as one might think. Because one of our primary focuses is to get drivers home I think they keep the hiring area centralized.

4. Craig Ryan

Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis IN
    Last week I left home Sunday late in the afternoon and drove to our terminal in Madison, IL. I had a delivery of the coil on board about 5 minutes from there and it was very handy. I then loaded in St. Charles, MO and took on a big 35'x65" pipe for a work site in Indiana. From there I deadheaded up to the Port of Portage in Indiana and loaded two skidded coils for NW Arkansas. I then deadheaded down to our Ft. Smith terminal and loaded bar for Huntington, IN. I got that off Thursday night and drove up to Butler, IN for a "take home" coil. I got home about noon Friday and will leave out Sunday afternoon for Rochelle, IL to deliver Monday morning. A pretty good week, couple of hard days driving, cold!, and back home for a good weekend!

DRAGON64, 84 West and SHOJim Thank this.
  5. Craig Ryan

Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis IN
  6. Craig Ryan

Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis IN
    I'm home for xmas now, but last week was unusual. First the -17 F early in the week, then two Load swaps in one day while they tried to get people home. I ended up home Friday at noon, and will leave out Monday afternoon for Granite City, IL. Right now I have a coil on I picked up Friday morning in butler, IN. After I unload I'm scheduled into our shop in Madison to have my bunk heater looked at. I've stayed warm, but it's hard to get out from under the covers in the morning! I'm looking forward to the last week of the year. Loaded coil starts at 6:20.

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Merry Christmas sir.

8. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    Merry Christmas Maverick.... I'll see you down the road soon!

9. semperfi1214

semperfi1214 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2016

10. spooky-tooth

spooky-tooth Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    ohio
    Great reading. Be safe and Happy New Year!!

11. Craig Ryan

Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis IN
    Thanks Spooky-tooth! I'm home for the New Year after an interesting week. I left out Monday afternoon and drove over to our madison, IL terminal. I delivered locally in the morning so it worked out perfect. In fact, I had to wash my clothes over there since I'd been on the road with family all xmas weekend! I unloaded, then had my truck serviced; the bunk heater had been acting up. I loaded four skidded coils for Lowell, AR and unloaded Wednesday morning. They deadheaded me down to our Ft. Smith terminal and suddenly freight got tight. It seems a lot of the businesses shut down during the week between xmas and new years. I waited it out and finally got a load of bar to the Lexington, KY area with a Wednesday delivery. A nice take home load with a nice amount of hometime. I got in Friday about noon, and will leave out Tuesday afternoon so I can park close to the drop. I don't mind the time home, I need it!

spooky-tooth Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.