Im an American wanting to know . .. .

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by Kenworth500, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Kenworth500

Kenworth500 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2014
    I am only 14, soon to be 15. I have always dreamed of being a trucker.
    Anyways for yal Aussie's I would like to know. As an American can I get my citizen ship there? How long will it take? Cost? Age?
    Then my trucking license. And would it be possible for an American to join the Reserves?

Please do tell me, You can post or send me an email. ::

akklajrace@gmail.com

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    I'm about to go through the process, and it's difficult, even if you have someone living there to sponsor you. I'm looking at about $7000 just for the Visa alone. The process can take up to a year they say..

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Well nice to hear from someone interested in trucking industry you can get citizenship in almost any country these days however usually it requires alot of capital e.g. $1,000,000 or have some kind of extraordinary talent e.g. A Doctorate or Masters Degree In Business Admin, medical profession is also an avenue if your a Doctor or Registered Nurse you will get Permanent residency and eventually citizenship in no time. As far as the reserves go i assume you mean Army Reserves you must be a legal permanent resident to qualify. Our laws are actually very similar to the USA the difference here is our processing time are much faster back in 2005 a few of us truck drivers were offered sponsorship via employment for a USA green card it took almost 8 years to get approved. Some friends of mine came over from the UK to Australia, they were Registered Nurses within 12 months they had been approved for Permanent Residency the only other thing is the dept of immigration do charge quite alot for processing fees. As far as driving trucks go i think you have to be at least 19 to get a HR truck license. Once you get your HR which is straight truck for you guys then you can go and apply for your HC (Tractor - Trailer license)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.