I'm not a driver any more, but hubs is and the question is about a paycheck

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RangerMelB, Jul 1, 2022.

1. RangerMelB

RangerMelB Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    .. as stated above, he wouldn't do it.. that smells too loan sharky even from this distance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RangerMelB

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    Something you said almost makes me wonder if somehow this doesn't go back to them making him rent a car and drive to central Fla to pick up his Unit, BUT.... THAT was all on HIS nickel, and he had to submit receipts for Fuel and rooms to be reimbursed (which he did)..
    My thought is, if it is ACTUALLY a cash advance on fuel purchases (something like 'do you want some change with this credit card purchase here at the kwik stop counter??? yes??) that the Co has conflated HIS pay check with someone else's activity.

4. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I think the only way to find out wait till tuesday and get clear explanation from office .

tscottme Thanks this.
  5. RangerMelB

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    Sadly Pavrom, I think you're right, but it's gonna be a slow painful weekend for himself, that being the case. I think when I speak to him in the AM, I will tell him I did some checking and relate what you all have said about Cash advances at the fuel island (pretty well guarantee he will be appalled at the idea). Perhaps once he knows it can't be for real, that will help.

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. RangerMelB

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    PS Guys, Thanks for letting me nose in.. Nice boards you got here!

tscottme and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If ADV Fuel means he is taking advances on his paycheck via his fuel card, he has already received all but $59 before his paycheck was sent to him.
    Takeing advances on pay is a self-defeating activity. Don't take advances on your paycheck.

8. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

[​IMG]

Good luck in getting it figured out!

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

tscottme and RangerMelB Thank this.
  9. RangerMelB

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    Your tag-line cracks me up EVERY time I read it!... Yeah, the half would NOT do that... Thankfully, we are set at the moment where that's not needed. I'm seriously thinking if this IS some fuel advance thing, there's wires crossed someplace, and this mess belongs to another driver.

10. RangerMelB

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    Love me some Clampetts!!!... and hate me THAT spoon.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

There is generally very little cost to taking a cash advance on the fuel card. The fee could be a few dollars, say under $5, it's just that whatever you take NOW through a cash advance is money subtracted from the future paycheck. We have no way to know if the driver is taking the advances and then telling you "I wouldn't do that". More than one truck driver has lied before about taking cash advances. If the driver is taking cash advances there will be a record. If the company made a mistake, and the company is honest, they will AT LEAST correct the mistake by the next pay check or as soon as the records indicate the cash advances were not taken. If the driver is a newbie in training his paycheck was probably going to be small while in training. Is the driver responsible with money before this one incident or is missing money a recurring event?

Geekonthestreet Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.