I'm not a driver any more, but hubs is and the question is about a paycheck

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RangerMelB, Jul 1, 2022.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Is he riding with a trainer? Is it possible the trainer is getting the money on the fuel card? I was usually never given a fuel card until I was assigned my solo truck.

RangerMelB Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RangerMelB

RangerMelB Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    No, he's actually been out in his own truck about 3.5 weeks total (along with 5 days home time).. Mentor was a L/O...
    Company reallly encourages Team drivers, and dangle getting off the hook for the training if you'll go..
    Mr Type A is not set to put himself in hardly anyone's hands... Took 3 mos of him trying to sit up with me and a very pointed conversation before he'd got to bed and let ME drive.

tscottme Thanks this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It's probably just a payroll mistake. Worry won't fix it and the "important people" that can fix it are not likely available on a holiday weekend.

dunchues and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  5. RangerMelB

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    Ab-so-tively.....

tscottme and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  6. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    No advice, Just hope this situation gets cleared up for the OP and hubby. As drivers, we seriously DO NOT get compensated appropriately for the time, effort, energy and work we put in. So, when the compensation we do get goes sideways, it's also an insult to injury in my opinion.

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. RangerMelB

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    SO RESPONSIBLE with the $$$ that if we don't have over a K in the account.. he starts in with the 'living in a van down by the river' stuff and makes me nuts...
    NO... 23 years of marriage to this guy.. I am the one who is less responsible with money, and I wouldn't even do that.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Sound like me and the MRS, I keep an eye on EVERY penny, because I account for every cent, we have had financial troubles in the past before I started driving. It annoys her to no end, but I know how much comes in and how much is going out and how much PLAY $ we have. I am getting better but still annoys her. Hope Hubby get's this figured out and may be time to look for another company.

tscottme Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Hmmmm......59 bucks? Dubuque? Hirschback maybe? This story sounds very lease purchase-like. You said he is a company driver so I'll roll with it, but I'm interested to see the explanation come Tuesday!

Concorde and firemedic2816 Thank this.
  10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Some co's want the receipt for fuel turned in with paperwork (even with a co. fuel card) to "verify" it's correct before paying the driver. So, driver gets fuel, runs the load, sends in paperwork WITH ALL RECEIPTS when load is delivered, then gets his full pay. This may overlap the cutoff date and driver will get what he's short this week on next weeks check. It's either that or he's getting cash advance when fueling !

11. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I disagree. When I first started I was in a rough way the cash advance of 10cpm dispatched made life so much easier.

you just can’t have more going out than coming in

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.