I'm now doing virtual flatbed in American Truck Simulator game.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TomCougar, Sep 13, 2019.

1. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    I would have just put my ailing cow down myself with my own gun. Then the meat would go to charity. A rescue mission, maybe. An injured cow is not marketable anyway. No need for the slaughterhouse. Or, I might just have a mobile butcher truck come to my farm and do the job. Be a real farmer and put on your tough guy pants, pilgrim!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Don't tell me, you learned all that here...

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Technically???

Are you suggesting the game isn't software?

5. TomCougar

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    No, I'm suggesting this forum is the best fit for my thread though they might might not be a perfect match.

My truck game is software and that's why the mods probably moved it here.

6. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    And you thought the Flatbed section, you know, the one with real drivers and real trucks, was a better fit than one called "Electronics, Gadgets, and Software"?

By your own admission, your game is software and this sub-forum has "Software" in the title. :biggrin_25524::biggrin_2556:

Those good-for-nothing mods always have to make things so complicated.

7. TomCougar

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    I thought my OP belonged in Flatbed because the virtual truck in the game image was a virtual flatbed. But real-world truckers aren't very passionate about trucking games maybe. They are probably very sick of hearing those diesel engines rev up and those air brakes hiss. If they even see a butterscotch candy in the store they might get nauseous: it's the same color as those traffic yellow lines in the road. Imagine a soldier who just graduated from basic training if he were to receive a basic training PC game for Christmas right after those eight hell weeks. Probably wouldn't be too passionate about it. The virtual drill sergeant tells the virtual private to drop and give him 50 virtual push-ups.

8. Scoot 1971

Scoot 1971 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Really? This is a thing on Truckersreport?

9. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    You thought wrong. The rest doesn't matter.

I don't know that I would complain a whole lot more about your thread being moved.. I understand those mods are pretty sneaky. You never know when one is going to show up.

Just to be on the safe side, I'm gonna shut up because I don't want to get banned. I'm telling ya, those pesky mods are always lurking in the shadows.

10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    If you ran th at rig in the real world you would be bankrupt, your girl would have left you and your dog would have bitten you.

What determines "sharp" among real drivers is profitability first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. Nobody cares what you run or how pretty your truck is. Real drivers care about running smart - achieving high NET revenue per mile/unit of work. After that we care about rears and gears. Then we care about pie. No one in the flatbed section is going to care about a real world show truck. The onkky reason you haven't been ridiculed to cinders is the mods moved it and most guys couldn't be bothered to respond.

11. TomCougar

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    The game truck is pretty much modeled on real world equipment. The only thing special is the chartreuse paint color which does nothing to impair vehicle function or profits. The truck would be just as profitable painted in pink, puce, mauve, taupe, lavender, magenta or camo. I'm just romanticized by those old country-western truck songs. Kenworth W900 or Peterbilt classic day cabs are very common among O/O's. Especially those who do specialized work as flatbed, low boy, hay bales, tanker, etc. and local or regional. I have to be special. I have to be an individual. I'm looking forward to advancing in the game to buy my own lowboy trailer to haul earth-movers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.