I'm stuck at receiver

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Supertrucker169, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Supertrucker169

Supertrucker169 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2023
    I dont know what to do I am stuck at receiving at my delivery they won't unload me I have a reefer load 9/29/23 at 1205am I arrived my appointment was for 3am so I was early my reefer was full and now it's at half a tank and I was told I can't leave they said their internet went down and they couldn't operate and won't answer the broker and the broker keeps saying to just wait I already had 1 load canceled. I am at this place Essentia Protein Solutions 101 Main St, Lytton, IA 50561. They also said my appointment was changed today to 9pm Friday night and it is 12:54am Saturday and they just keep saying I have to wait. There are 3 trucks ahead of me they say but it took them all day to unload just 1 truck and the next truck has been waiting since 4pm Friday and haven't even started unloading that truck. What can I do?

austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I don’t see that you have a lot of options. How long until you run out of fuel in the reefer? I’d tell them that they need to get you fuel if they’re not going to get you unloaded before that.

4. hope not dumb twucker

hope not dumb twucker Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Redneck unload. If he doesn’t care to keep his job that’ll work.

austinmike, Bud A. and Kyle G. Thank this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    High range in reverse,,I do applaud the initiative, however.

6. Supertrucker169

Supertrucker169 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2023
    They unloaded 1 truck and 2 others left and they told me to go over by the dock it's my truck I'm running under another companies authority and I text the broker I'm going to need 1k a day for sitting with no answers cause I lost 1 load I had pre scheduled and I had another one if I don't get to today possibly loose that one to but seeing how it's 6 hrs away and lunch time I don't think I'll be making it in time.

Attached Files:

austinmike Thanks this.
  7. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    It's just not a perfect world out there. Stuff happens. You, the driver, are at the mercy of a lot of people.

Bud A. and hope not dumb twucker Thank this.
  8. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Offer them a hundred dollars.

9. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    What does your broker carrier agreement say about your situation? You should have one and you should/broker abide to the terms. No big deal. It happens in reefer. It’s part of the business and your rates should reflect the extra efforts. That’s another reason why we are making more than a dryvan.

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  10. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Footnote- Another reason we are vulnerable to cyber. No redundancy. Loose the internet and it all falls apart..

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.