I'm taking up bicycling ..any others here into it ?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by bzinger, Jun 28, 2018.

1. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    I haven't read many of the replies, but I will say this. I'm physically active. I workout, run etc and about a year ago, I bought a bike just to switch up the monotony regarding my cardio. I will tell you this, my gluteus maximus was sore as HELL for several days from that #### seat. I second the notion of @Jazz1 to get a police saddle or something similar.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Christ.... 152, are you trying to disappear? You better be at least 5'2" to keep your britches hitched at that weight. Lol. (Ribbing ya, Northern. But hell, don't shrink too much or you're gonna look like one of those leprosy sufferers on the cover of NatGeo.)

5'10", 190.

Oxbow and AModelCat Thank this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I get what you're saying about carbs. The fact of the matter is if I cut out too much of the decent food it's too lofty of a goal. 2 tuna sandwiches and corn is way better than a mountain of sugar every day. And if I cut carbs completely I can go about 2 days and then I'm about ready to kill someone or eat a giant pizza.
    For now the idea is to get rid of #1 being 4x king candy bars. Which should be easy. #2 bad choices like double cheeseburgers, pfj meat loaf with gravy mashed taters and green beans for good measure, or the multitude of other poor choices I make. The pizza is another common mistake. Sapp bros get my fuel then get fried chicken with potato wedges and an aquarium size drink (all free usually) is yet another guilty pleasure.
    I think I need to avoid parking at pfj when I get back to work. They have got me pegged. Even though I don't fuel much there. When I go to other places where there is no deals on junk food (ex 2 for $3 Or 1.99 each) I don't buy it. Or if the restaurant is way beyond reasonable (looking at you husky) I don't go in nearly as much. $25 for a burger fries and drink including tip?? Not anymore. Cans of ravioli and sandwiches I make are going to come into play more now. I have to make good use of my fridge for this to work.

I believe more in simply eating a decent diet, and the calories in vs calories out trumps anything else.

BoostedTeg and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Day 3: Another 7.3 km in the bag. It is a bit windier today than the past 2 days. It is hotter and it is humid. It looks like it is going to storm later today. Perhaps I can get out again this evening for a 2nd round. This one took me 28 minutes. I checked my heart rate, 15 seconds and I get 40 beats, so I figure I am in the 160 range while going along. It doesn't put me out of breath, but I am near that limit, I can feel it. After sitting for a while doing the same heart rate count, it appears I am at about 60 bpm at rest. I'll try to remember to calculate these numbers in future rides.

I am commandeering your thread @bzinger . I've always believed in do the deed then ask for forgiveness after lol

Day 3 update: Did 2.5 miles on treadmill. 2 tuna sandwiches for breakfast and a rainbow trout + 2 cob corn + peas dinner. Day 3 is considered another good day.
    20180720_155123.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    cuzzin it, tucker and bzinger Thank this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Lol its all yours buddy ! Ill post my progress when I'm home .

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'm focusing on packing on muscle mass now. I had a respectable amount before but I'd like to add another 8-10 lbs of muscle.

gokiddogo and KillingTime Thank this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Are you 152 pounds or 152 kilos? Eh?

9. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Just go to the store and get a couple three or four steaks. Zip tie ‘em to your arms... essy peezy.

10. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I finally broke down and did purchase a bike. I paid $2200 for an all carbon fiber top of the line 2018 mountain bike from Jamis or Janis. Money well spent. It’s ultra light at 23 lbs. I love to ride trails. Now I won’t take this on the road because I don’t want to strap it down or have it stolen or rained on.

I’ve always done cardio and do walk/run about10-15 miles a week... I’ve always gone to the y and stuff to play ball on the weekends.

Attached Files:

AModelCat and gokiddogo Thank this.
  11. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Oops. Didn’t mean to attach that file..... could’ve been worse!!

Oxbow Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.