I'm thinking about removing the passenger seat

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TruckRunner, Oct 26, 2018.

1. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    Recently swapped seats,(left for right), as left seat was getting a bit worn. I reinstalled both seats in the truck, just opposite positions from where they were. Over 1/2 million miles will wear out most any seat I would think.
    This is a 2017 Cascadia with leather seats. Only four bolts hold each seat to floor. These bolts came out easier than I thought they would.
    The seatbelts mounted to seat frames were a bit tougher. They required a t40 or t45 torx head driver to remove. As the only difference between the seats was the location of the female end of seatbelt fastener, they also had to be swapped left to right and vice versa on each seat. I reinstalled all bolts with red "Locktite" and plenty of torque.
    I am somewhat handy with stuff like this, it took maybe 45 minutes to complete this swap.
    As for the air lines, I bought two of those "blower gun" kits that you commonly see a truck stops. I cut both air lines when removing seats and installed the kits afterwards.

TruckRunner Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Small chest seat cover, interesting.

TGUNKEL and Hillbilly hauler Thank this.
  4. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    I see what you did there, hilarious! "Seat cover", of course being trucker talk for a nice looking female in your passenger seat.

Tolmie Thanks this.
  5. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    It will be hard to pick up a hottie hitchhiker if you don’t have a passenger seat. The top bunk is great for storage.

Tolmie and TruckRunner Thank this.
  6. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    She can lay on the bed

7. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I would go nuts without my upper bunk for storage. I tend to be over prepared for everything, and most of it stays on the top bunk.

By the way, a safety rail from a child's bed is a great way to keep things from flying off the upper bunk into the back of your head during a hard brake.

[​IMG]

RubyEagle Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted