In desperate need of something new

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by DuvalKid, May 22, 2018.

1. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Give it a month and see what happens. P&D drivers are backing royalty. It's the reward that comes from constantly shoehorning 53's into docks built when 40 foot trailers were the standard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DuvalKid

DuvalKid Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks a whole lot! And I’m absolutely fine with that because of the great opportunity it is and I’m also thankful for the experience coke offered me.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  4. DuvalKid

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    I did the call with the recruiter first about all the endorsement and personal questions. She then called me back the next day and said they would like to move forward with a face-to-face interview and sent the address and time to my email.

5. DuvalKid

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Dude I’ve heard that’s why I’m so excited lol; The grass is truly greener on the other side. And oh God don’t get me started on backing..I can’t either. It took me 2 hours to back into a school when I first started coke. I’ve gotten a little better but still rookie level but this job will take care of that I know.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Remember. Either back in, or walk in first. This will save your bacon repeatedly.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  7. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Yep. Best advice for a new P&D guy. Way easier to back in from the street than back out onto a street. Need a spotter to pull that off in most cases.

Cardfan89 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  8. coastietruckin'

coastietruckin' Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Southern NJ
    I believe the UPS pension is $104 for every year of service. So if you do 25 years, and retire at 62, you're looking at $2600/mo. Not sure where that dude is getting 5k a month from.

9. coastietruckin'

coastietruckin' Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Southern NJ
    Maybe thats with their 401k too? UPS pension is $104 for every year of service.

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i cannot say. i know personally of former UPS drivers that have a great monthly pension. then they each get SS on top of thier pensions. so actually, well over $6k a month in retirements.

my bro-in-law, like i said, works part time at UPS as a loader/unloader, he showed me his retirement fact sheet(??) with what he WILL be getting when he retires in a a few short years, he WILL be getting $3,000. but if he stays a bit longer, he will of course get more. if he retires before he is 62(??) i think, he has to actually wait till 65 to start getting that money, so he wants to continue working. if he can.

but it IS teamsters 251 up here.

11. DuvalKid

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Update: Well, it looks like I will not be getting the job because of an accident that I previously thought my lawyer took care of. In 2015 I had an accident where I was changing lanes while a car was coming and we collided. The officer gave me a ticket for "failure to maintain lane". This was in my personal vehicle. However, I hired a lawyer to fight the ticket and the case was concluded Jan 3, 2018, with a final disposition of nolo contendere. I paid a $278 fine, no points were added to my license and I thought it would not show on my mvr after that; boy was I wrong.
    Estes sent me a letter stating what they found and that they are "considering" revoking my conditional offer. My world just came crashing down once I laid my eyes upon this...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.