In-N-Out Burger heads east

Discussion in 'Other News' started by JonJon78, Jan 10, 2023.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I remember a few years back Taco Bell caught some flack about the meat in their tacos(was it real or not)!lol
    I always stuck to the chicken for the most part myself! At least with that you knew it was real!;)

Sirscrapntruckalot and ducnut Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Maybe. The vegans are always trying to make plants into the very thing they’re bragging they avoid. Some pretty convincing protein alternatives around. I could see Taco Bell “blending” in some alternative, to keep costs down. I mean, look at McDonald’s. I’ve never tasted beef off my grill that tasted anything like what they claim is beef off their grill.

4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Jack in the Box in the 90s had an issue with the E.Coli Used to have one in Va back then, but it left after that. I didn't get Jack in the Box again till I went to Arizona. Hard times yall, hard times.

Looked up the taco bell thing...all I found was : There were other links, but Fox was first and I'm to lazy to scroll.
    Taco Bell Sued Over Meat That's Just 35 Percent Beef

I try to stay far away from Taco Bell. Taco Bell is very far down on my list of places to get a taco. Oddly enough. lol.

Now saying that...a taco bell taco is still better then most other options. For one simple reason...it's a taco, and the other thing isn't.

Taco always trumps. Even if it's a bad taco.

I would never eat a tofu taco, but it's still better than In N Out...because it's a taco.

Now that I just pissed off the cult of In N Out and other food lovers...

Happy Wednesday!

[​IMG]

I am happy to see In N Out come further east though despite my jokes and love of tacos. I like having options.

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    web-dinner-shrimp-basket.jpg Culver's shrimp is Crakalacktic.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  6. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    We had a Freddy's open in Greenville, TX along the I-30. I ate there once and would compare it to Steak n Shake. I don't know if i just had a bad burger but the meat tasted burnt(overcooked). i had gotten it togo so didn't go back to complain.

Google Maps

Sirscrapntruckalot and ducnut Thank this.
  7. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Guess they are finally dropping their no frozen burger meat rule then

Sirscrapntruckalot and REO6205 Thank this.
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    The first In-n-Out I ate at was in Stockton. The wife and I were on our way to Scotia and she'd been wanting to try it.
    I still remember her comment after we ate and were back on the road...."Well, that was certainly, uh, ordinary". She was right, too. She always looked on the positive side of things. I thought it was food without personality.

homeskillet, dwells40, ducnut and 2 others Thank this.
  9. InTooDeep

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    But plenty of salt

dwells40 and REO6205 Thank this.
  10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

They opened one in Eureka this year. They look like they're always full despite the competition from every fast food franchise known to man. It surprises me because Eureka also has a lot of ethnic food and fresh seafood available and people will opt for the ordinary as long as it gets there fast and doesn't cost much.
    Oh well, makes getting a table for lunch at some of the good places a lot easier.

11. InTooDeep

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Agree Eureka has a very diverse selection of restaurants. We stayed there quite a bit before we had to go to the same place twice. If I wasn't pretty much stuck here that is a place or close by that I would move to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.