In need of a broker

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by BMLLC, May 31, 2023.

1. BMLLC

BMLLC Bobtail Member

May 31, 2023
    (Feel free to delete if not allowed)

Hello,
    I've been driving a flatbed for about six years now and have only been using one small local broker but recently she's started getting her own trucks and doesn't have as much work for me as she used to. I'll be lucky to get one load a week and unfortunately it's just not sustainable for my family and I. I'm also pretty green when it comes to finding my own broker. Does anyone have any tips on trying to find one or recommend any company specifically? I work out of Vegas and usually travel to Utah/Arizona/Nevada.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Will you run California?

PPDCT Thanks this.
  5. BMLLC

BMLLC Bobtail Member

May 31, 2023
    I have an older truck which doesn't meet with California emissions requirements so I tend not to take the risk.

REO6205 Thanks this.
  6. BMLLC

BMLLC Bobtail Member

May 31, 2023
    The prices posted there are pretty low. Is that a starting point for negotiation on price?

7. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    dat.com is the other one. Might just get on the big brokers sights and sign up to see the load boards they have.

BMLLC Thanks this.
  8. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Sounds like this will end up in you double brokering some freight.....and even if not, its just one more mouth to feed in the chain. Why not just call the brokers direct and not pay you to middle man it and take another 3-8% off the top of the lowball offers from TQL ? What do you bring to the table thats worth a cut of a drivers revenue? Do you just call brokers all day, taking loads and hunting for the highest rates, then falling out on 6 brokers a day and mucking up the drivers MC#?

I could go on and on....

gekko1323 and Siinman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.