In search of a good leaf blower for cleaning trailers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by cdavis188, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I have one (had2 one got stolen)of the Milwaukee grease guns , love using it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HighWayMan501

HighWayMan501 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2022
    On what to avoid, the cheapest Hart blower from Wally World will disappoint you.

It won't blow out even the smaller pallet chards, so I have to sweep the bigger stuff first then finish with the blower.

It is good at blowing out the end drainage channel, which is almost impossible to sweep clean (I pull a reefer, BTW).

The silver lining is that I can sweep the bigger garbage to the door and load it into bags which are easy to properly dispose of, instead of blowing the big stuff straight out the door, adding to the litter pile left over from the last guy who swept out there.

Vampire, 48Packard and Concorde Thank this.
  4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    60V and come with 9Ah battery the box say it 3Ah battery but seem lots of people only got 11 minutes with the smaller battery. So they upgraded to 9Ah as standard battery that it comes with. I use it at home it last about 30 minutes, more then I need.

They claim it’s 125 MPH on high and moves 600 CFM and brushless motor. It’s strong, if comparing different brands I would look at how much air they move and the battery size. If you already have a brand with batteries you can already swap that big plus. Dewalt sells bigger batteries but they are kinda rip off because they are as expensive and the leaf blower with 1 battery new. You have to stick with the 60V batteries I believe. Home Depot sells the Dewalt 60V leaf blowers

Vampire, cdavis188 and Concorde Thank this.
  5. azheavyduty

azheavyduty Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Bauer from Harbor Freight

6. Sons Hero

Sons Hero Road Train Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Milwaukee all the way. But make sure you get the larger one, they have 2 sizes… we have one in the shop, and it works awesome. It will run just fine on a 5 amp battery, but a 6,8,or 12 amp extends runtime significantly. I’ve gotten several shipments of Milwaukee tools from Red Tool Store, and never had a complaint

Vampire, cdavis188 and Concorde Thank this.
  7. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I've been using a blower since 2018. Unfortunately it was in the truck when everything got stolen after I got shot. I had a Worx 40v. They don't make those anymore but whatever Worx that's close to it I highly recommend. It was light, powerful and worked great. It had two speeds, low, which was good enough 95% of the time as long as you weren't trying to blow out chunks of 2x6's, and then high which was very loud in that trailer.

You don't need earplugs if you run them on low. I have a Ryobi 40v replacement and on low its tolerable to get the trailer cleaned out without ear damage. On high it screams like a jet engine, so you'd need earplugs. I don't like the Ryobi because it's so #### big. The Worx was a bit more compact, much like the one in post 13 of this thread.

Just make sure whatever you get comes apart. The nozzle needs to come off of the fan unit. If not, storing that thing will be a #####.

Vampire and tscottme Thank this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I have the ryobi weed Trimmer and blower. 2 attachments. Came with a 4 battery and charger.

6 years and still kicks butt.

I also have the ryobi lawnmower 5 battery and snowblower 6 battery.

Any of them will work with the blower.

The lawnmower works. The snowblower on the other hand. Struggles more every year. It don't like the cold. Will probably have to buy a new one this year.

9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I have a nice little Black and Decker. Does the job. No big deal.
    Gee.... almost get knocked over by a Milwaukee? Does it look like a tornado blowing out the back of the trailer? Thinking.... Binford Model 6100. .... seriously... Milwaukee makes fine stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.