Indian River Transport are criminals

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by vintagecards, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Fz1rider

Fz1rider Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Florida
    I've been driving for IRT seven years and I suspect that driving or even working is a chore for a lot of people. If your not a revenue hound then what exactly are you entitled to? I show up at the exact same tank wash in Washington and a clean tank is waiting for me while you wait as #15 in line. It's about business, it's about money, somehow you feel entitled to yours but how about the company? Is IRT allowed to expect revenue from you? All I hear from drivers, I don't do winter driving , i don't go to the Northeast, etc. Somebody has to go there to move the load as long as it is NOT you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014

Ummmm well ....this is NOT welfare so yeah , as long as it's NOT me.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the company that nobody wants to pull their frieght to the east coast ?

4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    There are a bunch of HARD DUDES who comment in this forum. In their eyes, nobody is hard, strong, smart, or tenacious enough to do their jobs, and so that's why they're on this site complaining.

Sometimes I marvel at the fact that anyone comes to this site to complain. It's a pretty hostile environment for complaints. Lol

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Nah, complaints are okay. Whining, however, is another story. ;)

6. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    While I agree, I would also be hard-pressed to find a thread that wasn't derailed by one of those hard dudes.

insipidtoast Thanks this.
  7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    So many of the complaints these days are self inflicted. You would think people in the internet age would be more savy before working at some of these companies. It's like people getting married in a community property state & then #####ing about losing half their #### when they get divorced.
    The fact is many people getting into trucking have no business being in a truck for whatever reason yet they come here & give us 1 kernel out of their popcorn bowl of failure in due diligence to convince us the company is a bad choice.
    Personally I want to read reviews that contain systemic problems within a carrier that make it a bad company. Not that I didn't get pizza in orientation or the recruiter lied but I worked there for 3 mos anyway.

Texas Rebel and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I have to admit that when I worked at my last long term OTR job I didn't turn down freight until I learned which runs would be time wasters. If I'm getting paid a piece rate I want to run efficiently as possible & just taking whatever cards are delt won't do that at most OTR companies. Their benchmark was 2200 miles per truck minimum per week & if you had to work 40 or 70hr to get that they didn't care, so you had too.
    I did not find dealing with load planners to be quid pro quo. So not being picky IMO could be costly if you got the I'll do any load star next to your name

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Hey, even I had a bad company I worked for, and I would consider myself an extreme success in the field. Bait and switches do happen.

And when I related that story, I was told I have a bad attitude by some of the hard dudes around here. Lol

No, I just value my time. A lot of truck drivers would benefit from that mindset.

10. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I can’t believe you feel anyone should sit in a parking lot for 3 days for free while you drive around them because you’ve been with IRT for seven years. I’ve met some entitled people but you’re at the top. lol
    No one should have sit a half a week for free away from home. If I bumped my head and worked for a IRT or any other company that found it acceptable for me to sit for 3 days for free, my next load would be directly to the terminal. It would make no difference to me if I was hauling fuel for a sail boat.
    But then again only someone in the trucking industry would attempt to justify an employee sitting away from home for 72 hours for zero pay. It’s attitudes’ like yours that keep crappy companies in business.

11. well they're part of what used to be the old ParaMarine. so it's not a surprise if you've been Trucking long enough you probably remember those folks. how they would make you run illegal as hell or else sit you.

Texas Rebel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.