Indian River Transport, Bynum Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Joker24, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Joker24

Joker24 Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Right behind you
    Are there any current or recently seperated drivers for these companies here?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Joker24

Feb 8, 2011
    Right behind you
    Maybe with the addition of "recently separated" Hopefully I'll get some responses.

4. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    if u read the indian river thread u probably will find out all ur wanting to know about them

5. Joker24

Feb 8, 2011
    Right behind you
    I'm looking for current information.

6. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    It is current

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  7. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    and the bad far out weighs the good..

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  8. Joker24

Feb 8, 2011
    Right behind you
    So I guess there are no current drivers from Bynum Transport here...?

9. Truck-N-Tech

Truck-N-Tech Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Hey Joker! I am not a current or past employee, but I can tell you what I do know.

About 2 years ago, I talked with a recruiter from Bynum. We talked about a lot of stuff, and they seemed to be an average company. Nothing special. No reason to favor them over any others.

Then the topic turned to pay. What a joke! I told them I was currently making $1,200 to $1,800 a week, with the current people I was working for. The recruiter told me, in no uncertain term, that to be making anywhere near that kind of money, as a company driver, I **HAD** to be running illegal. Since they ran 100% legal, my pay would be less. A lot less.

First thing this told me, was that I would never make what I am worth working for them. When I was doing food grade for Foodliner, I was very meticulous about doing my job right, and leaving absolutely no trace of evidence behind, that I had delivered a load. I never spilled so much as a Tablespoon of material. I am a top grade tanker, and expect to make what I am worth. If you feel your hard work for 70 hours a week is only worth $700 to $800, then maybe they will keep you happy.

Next, the fact that this guy would assume that I am the type of driver who runs illegal, really annoyed me. His tone was one of talking down to me, as if I was an idiot.

That being said, I respect the fact that they didn't lie to me about how much I could expect to make with them, just to get me to join.

Then there is the case with Indian River, out of Florida. I asked the recruiter how much I could expect to make working for them. He told me "Our top driver last year made $XX,XXX.00. I politely said that I would probably not start off as their top driver, so what was the fleet average. With that question, he hung up the phone on me. I do believe that he was the only recruiter to ever do that. I guess it sounded to him, like I was not going to fall for his razz-ma-tazz number wizardry.

That is all I can tell you. I know it's not much, but it's completely honest and fair to all involved, and beats nothing at all.

Good luck in your search.

10. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    To the OP, I think you are going to find IRT, Bynum, and Oakley are low paying bottom feeders but they are a place to get some tank experience...

JRTBud Thanks this.
  11. River-driver

River-driver Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I drove for IRT, and I LOVE pulling tank, and I really do like Indian River. I took a break from it, and am now show hauling. Its fun but I miss my tank. I did well with Irt, but my gosh that company has more cry babies than you can imagine! I think it is a great company if you want to RUN! if you are a new ager, and you cant work HARD while at the same time making your book look pretty......maybe not a good idea to go. if i can be of any help to ya........dont hesitate to ask!

Flip Flops Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.