Indian River Transport, Bynum Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Joker24, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Joker24

Joker24 Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Right behind you
    That's assuming a driver is going to make Florida their residence as opposed to living somewhere else and working for those companies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    I just got off the road and Im working for TS and this first week of pay is very sad, orientation pay is late. But jobs in Florida really do suck. I am thinking of going back on the road again.

4. mr truckdriver

mr truckdriver Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    ft myers fl
    If you live somewhere else a Fl based food grade carrier would not be my first choice to work for as they are still not going to pay a decent per mile rate. Can't make it in Fl on what they pay you sure won't make it living else where.

RookieJ1987 and Flip Flops Thank this.
  5. dlanier303

dlanier303 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Marianna ,Fl
    I am a current driver looking for something everyday just no on board logs they cut you mileage tremedously . they do not get u home until u get to the point u tell them u quit .the pay is 28 cents a mile and 8 cents perdium . they run mostly northeast and you spend all ur time and money on traffic and tolls they give money back but you can tie up 500 dollars or more fast and only get 75 a day advance so keep plenty of money in ur pocket health insurance is very expensive they now have trucks 64 mph and want u to run 1000 miles overnite they will tell you anything to keep you on the road and will send you anywhere from home most drivers move from one tanker company to another regularly they hire at least 10 drivers a week and they take care of new people first and older drivers they just as soon u quit because once you learn their pattern you stop putting up with it

act6629 Thanks this.
  6. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Any of you heard of Purple Cow down there in Florida? There was an ad that appeared on the Va. Employment Website for drivers in Harrisonburg, Va I did a search and found out that the company was located in Margate, Fl

7. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    Can't say that I've ever heard of them I run FL every week....One thing to consider seeing how the FL carriers don't want to pay anything is I see some tankers based out of GA running into FL don't know their pay scale though.

8. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I ran Harrisonburg , Va to Orlando or Winter Haven for over 5 years and I never saw a "Purple Cow" truck and the ad on the Va. Employment website just raised a little curiosity in me.

9. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Mostly likely, you have seen Williams out of Baxley, Ga They run a bunch of milk loads into T,G. Lee in Orlando and Velda Farms in Winter Haven and like most milk haulers the pay is cheap and cheaper.

10. dlanier303

dlanier303 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Marianna ,Fl
    I am like you never heard of or saw purple cow

11. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    I hate to say it but the food grade companies have become bottom feeders. And they use to be good paying jobs back in the day. I guess since there is no hazmat requirment has something to do with it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.