Indian River Transport, Co. - Winter Haven, FL.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rwings, Oct 22, 2006.

1. pharrari

pharrari Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    They offered me a hotel. Should I take it? I declined because I thought that they would pull a Stevens on me and make me pay for it and make me stay in a room with another man.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Admakan

Admakan Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    they might have you share the room but won't make you pay for it

4. Gazoo64

Gazoo64 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Where did you expect to stay??? You won't have a truck yet because you have not been through orientation. They won't make you pay for the room, but you might share.

5. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Sanford.....just go home at end of day. And look for a better job in Orlando!

6. pinkflowr39

pinkflowr39 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Does anyone here still work for them? And do you have any thoughts on them? My boyfriend is considering working for them. So far they sound good, not perfect but good. There is no such thing as a perfect company.

7. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    guess who's getting a $0.10 a mile raise on the 28th!!!!!

socal and Rugerfan Thank this.
  8. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Your telling me that IRT is giving you Ten cents per mile raise. I am thinking you found a new job.:biggrin_2554:

mitchtazz Thanks this.
  9. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    I quit IRT way back in September, i've been running end dumps since then.. I just didn't know where else to post the exciting news.

socal and Rugerfan Thank this.
  10. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Congrats on your raise. Did you got to work for Bruce Oakley?

Whomever it it is you will have to start a new thread so we can all live vicariously through you. Lol

11. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    Yep, i'm running for Bruce out of Little Rock, Ar... it's really not a bad place to be honest.. the only bad part so far is when you switch products and have to sweep out the trailer.. some products aren't so bad.. ie dirt/clay to scrap metal.. but going from roofing granules to frac sand is a biotch.. othere then that it's pretty much like tanker.. arrive at customer, scale, spend about five minutes loading, scale out, driver some miles. then do the same thing at the opposite end..

they'll install a weight guage on your truck, and all of the trailers have them, so i don't use cat scales too often unless i load somewhere and they beat the heck out of my truck and trailer while trying to pack the load..

what i love the most is no drop n' hook.. i've had the same trailer since Oct/Nov...

I'm not much for starting threads, but i'll add to one all day long.

socal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.