Indian River Transport- The journey begins

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Deadhead75, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    every company does a hair folicle test, so if you don't want to work for a company that does one good luck, and go find a new profession

IRT hired me, so did Schneider's tank Division, so did Oakley, so these tank companies must have low standards..if they hired me and can't hire you then you must really eally suck

Spouse only, and she has to have the same last name

I don't agree with "spouse only" but then again i'm on bottom not on top, so whatever

I don't understand why people don't have a passport, its money, plus alot of companies have border-crossing pay, so why would anyone not get one? its more money? are you going to turn down free money?

TWIC, I don't know, I applied for my TWIC but I never got anything from them telling me if I passed or failed my background check, I have HazMat and a passport, and i've been hired with companies so I have no idea how I failed the background check

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Spouse doesn't have to have the same last name. Stop posting inaccurate information. We've been through this discussion once already several pages ago. If your wife doesn't have the same last name you have to provide your marriage certificate during orientation. Trust me. That's what I had to do. My wife rode with me from day 1.

Spring Chicken and Time4Change Thank this.
  4. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Its not DOT standards. Until it is I will do UA only. Don't like it? To bad I'm still in the industry. :)

They say they hire people who can read and write english, but you Sir must not be able to read. I stated before getting all huffy and puffy with your panties in the bunch to just respond yes or no. You lied, and like I said can't read. Morons these days.

dwalto, Spring Chicken and FLATBED Thank this.
  5. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Go back 10-15 pages and read the posts. You'll understand who you're speaking with lol.

6. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Not even worth my time. This thread is very informative, and I don't want to ruin it. I'll just let it go.

7. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    He must be a glutton for punishment to keep whanking on like that. I don't think he had to do the hair test to get on at irt. Yet all companies do it lol I'm going on 3 years were I'm at now took one pee test 3 years ago.

8. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Never did a follicle for Drisco (a 110 truck fleet with 3 terminals), never did one for Glass (an OTR food grade outfit with 60+ trucks), never did one in the oilfield or at IRT. Not sure where he gets his information. Just like the spouse last name thing. Before attending orientation I was told by Louisa as well as Jackie it was fine just show a marriage certificate. Then at orientation I did just that. My wife rode shotgun 2 months with me at IRT. Even had Jackie ask me on the phone how my wife was liking it. Had a different last name the entire time lol.

9. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    i've never worked for a company that didn't give me a hair folicle test,

however when it comes to urine tests I ask for "15 minutes to study" if there was a "hey, who wants to take a drug test" i'd push people out of the way to take one!

and the spouse thing I was told at "orientation"

again, I don't understand why its spouse only, but maybe thats why i'm a driver and not a CEO

seriously why does your wife have a different last name than you?

10. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Drisco was an end dump job that paid by the ton hauling petroleum coke out of refineries to ports and calcining plants. I always liked random UAs there too because we got to turn in a detention slip and were paid by the hour while to and from urgent care.
    And my wife and I are recently married. Why do you think she rode with me and refused to be apart for weeks at a time? She was co owner of a small truck stop that I used to stop at a lot at my other job. Too much hassel at the time with bank accounts, vendor accounts, etc to change last name. Its changed now, but it took several months before we did it. Your orientation was at a "satellite terminal". Just like mine. That's why it wasn't thorough. Mine wasn't either, but I'm open minded enough to understand why. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow Jabber and realize its not a perfect world. People are human. They might make mistakes just like you do. If everything wasn't explained at orientation in crayon or on a sketch pad don't take it personal. A company expects a driver to be able to " wing it" a little bit and think for himself when problems come about.

11. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Spouse only probably due to insurance. Glass has a policy too "a relative above the age of 8."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.