Indian River Transport- The journey begins

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Deadhead75, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spring Chicken

Spring Chicken Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Lakeland, FL
    They must've kicked Ruan to the curb. We stopped going to fair oaks right after I started at IRT the first time and that's who took over. Oh well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    There was a Ruan day cab shuffling trailers when I was there.

4. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    they never stopped running loads out of fair oaks, ruan just took over most of it

5. Buffalo69

Buffalo69 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Where is fair oaks? What state?

Thanks.

6. Buffalo69

Jun 27, 2012
    I almost came to Indian River once a short time back because they were looking for a driver or two to just shuttle loads from the TA in Pembroke, NY, to the Toronto metro area...No big deal to me because I live near that TA and Toronto and back 2-3 times a day is all I pretty much do now and at the time I was talking to IRT. I got scared away from some of the previous threads on this site about IRT and some bad experiences told to me by other semi-reliable drivers, so i didn't think I could trust the River...I really value the opinions of CYANIDE, WYSCOB, and the GROUNDPOUNDER...However, I'm glad to see you guys are happy and doing well. Great thread!

lugnut84 Thanks this.
  7. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    It's in Indiana

8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I live near that TA and Toronto and back 2-3 times a day is all I pretty much do now , The BORDER and TRAFFIC GODS must be on your side to crank out 500 to 750 miles a day on that run with some of the recent tye ups on the QEW

9. Buffalo69

Jun 27, 2012
    It's mostly two round trips per day...And most of the guys reading this thread would consider the Toronto-metro area "Toronto". I guess I should have said: I CROSS THE BORDER GOING TOWARDS TORONTO 2-3 TIMES PER DAY. Sometime, I make a delivery in St. Catherines or swap trailers in BEAMSVILLE. Does that meet with your approval, Mr. Flatbed Supertrucker Maestro Extraordinare? ;-)

Spring Chicken Thanks this.
  10. Buffalo69

Jun 27, 2012
    AND...Yes, the borde/d.o.t. gods have been on my side recently.

11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Does that meet with your approval, Mr. Flatbed Supertrucker Maestro Extraordinare? :wink: No need to be a jack### just noted there has been a lot of traffic screwups in that area ( know it well and the distance from Pembroke to Toronto ) so to do 2 or 3 rounders into TORONTO from Pembroke NY as you originally posted not just 2 in the DIRECTION of TORONTO as you correct it to you were doing good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.