Indian River

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by chp56, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    The elogs were activated in my truck on December 8th or somewhere in that time frame. I left IRT December 15th so I can't honestly say. I can say that when I was there and was on paper logs, I logged every fuel stop 100% honest, I was never dispatched illegally, and I didn't have to do too much fudging. I think I could have done just about as well financially even being on elogs, because I know personally what I was doing on paper logs and it wasn't too far off. The things I fudged on wasn't because of the way I was dispatched. It was things like... I wake up at mile marker XX in Wyoming at 8am at a rest area, I want to drive 46 miles down the road to the Loves to take a shower before I start my day. So I leave the rest area, drive the 46 miles, spend an hour and a half at the Loves showering and getting coffee, then I start my day on paper. The log might show starting my day at 10am when I leave the Loves instead of 8am when I left the rest area that didn't have any amenities. Then later throughout the day I work the 46 miles into my drive time.
    Situations like that is where I might fudge. Those kind of things aren't IRTs fault. It was to convenience myself. Obviously, by starting at 10am on paper instead of 8am allows me to run until midnight instead of 10pm. With elogs those days are over. When you leave that rest area at 8am to drive 46 miles to the Loves and shower your day begins and those hours you spend showering and having coffee eat away at your 14 for that day.
    The elogs would've affected my lifestyle and daily habits at IRT in those ways, but I don't think they would've affected my pay or miles. Hope it helps.

RogerThat72 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. South Bound

South Bound Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    Just wondering what the trucks are governed at, and also is there much New England? Thanks

4. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    there are a bunch of factors involving how where your truck is governed at, i'm serious

and I don't know how much New England there is.

5. Jabber1990

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    I can't comment on elogs, because I haven't really moved since I had them turned on. that's not IRT's fault

I was deadheaded from Winter Haven to Craig, MO. the appointment time was changed on me en-route so I missed the appointment. it was rescheduled on Monday so the Friday before the elogs were activated. and so I spent the first 2 days in a hotel (120 miles from home) and then learned they didn't' work right.

the load from Craig MO was gong to some city near Bakersfield that escapes me at the moment, so we'll just say there. that's a 4 day trip. but I ran into weather on the first day which slowed me down. so on Wednesday I was in Utah and I noticed the truck acting up. it had lost all its oil (somewhere between Florida and Utah) and TA couldn't find it. the next day I tried to drive out of Salt Lake City but my jakes wouldn't turn on. I told breakdowns so my truck has been in the shop since Thursday....today is Tuesday

i'm a little upset that this has been a few days down but there is nothing I can do about it.

I need to know if I can scan the hotels since I paid for them. I thought about doing so anyway and praying that they reimburse me. I have more in deductions than I probably made for this load which annoys me but there is NOTHING I can do about it.

6. Jabber1990

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    I did speak with payroll about something that we did seem to argue about on here once

all loads 250 miles are less are paid 24%. BUT 251 or longer are by mile

if you move this 500 mile load 50 miles you only get paid for 50 miles

7. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    There's a ton of New England as the have a regional fleet. I also saw about 6 indian river trucks in New York and I was on 90 and going to kraft in Avon. I've left my company and if I don't get somthing good local I'll be using IRT as my back up/tanker experience company.

8. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    The only load I can remember hauling that fell into that percentage bracket (250 miles or less) was Fair Oaks, Indiana to Coopersville, Michigan. I rarely hauled a load less than 800 miles. To the above poster.. the first truck I had at IRT was a Peterbilt that ran 75mph for the first 3 weeks I had it. I woke up one morning and it was down to 68 mph. Ran 68 ever since. The second truck I had was an International that always ran 68mph. They say if you keep your idle percentage down the truck will automatically change it's own governor up a few mph. It does it on it's own out on the road. There's no shop or mechanic on a computer involved in the speed change. I always idled though, which is probably why mine went down to 68mph. I've seen a lot of IRT guys at truck stops with the curtains shut and truck shut off in hot weather and in cold weather. I guess those are the guys who want to run a few miles an hour faster than the rest. I myself would rather sleep at a comfortable temp and just run 68 mph. Not sure if the new trucks IRT is and has been getting still have the "rewards program" for idle percentage or not. I've heard they're all just set at 65 mph now regardless.

9. Jabber1990

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO

there is an advantage to running faster it keeps you away from those Prime/Swift/Schnenider/Werner/Rohel guys. how can you leave yourself an out if you're going the exact same speed? going faster than them keeps you all away from each other and is much safer. With the speed limits of states going up we're a danger when we impede traffic.

as I have said on this thread, the last IRT thread, and many other threads (many of which have since been locked) sleeping in a cold/hot truck is part of trucking you have to deal with it. its called growing up, or dealing with adversity (take your pick of terms) something you'd encourage your kids to do.

if I freeze to death i'm not worried IRT can hire somebody else to move into that truck and/or deliver that load, no matter how dead I am. i'm replaceable

however they are almost forcing me to idle, so my fuel doesn't freeze up, and with all the electrical problems I have with this truck they probably don't want me to turn it off

10. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Lmao! ... I sure hope your kidding

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    He's not kidding. He really, truly, thinks that way. Do a search for some of his other posts. Different, defintely different.

OKTanker_Yanker and stabob Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.