Industry in Canada is too far gone...

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Dec 8, 2021.

1. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    If you’re tired of new Canadians driving truck, just imagine how many of them you’ll have to deal with driving bus. Be my guest, but not for this guy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flint1

Flint1 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Alberta
    My career plan as a wrench was when the body gave up, I would drive transit bus. I drove truck for several years but was in a niche market. It spared me the bison etc meat grinder.
    I now own and operate school buses. Well before my body said no.
    It's the best job I've ever had. It's a combination of wrenching and driving. I don't have to deal with general public. Just their kiddos. No way I would consider driving public transit now.

4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    I'm thinking coach bus if I ever want to lose the trailer. There's all sorts of tourists coming into Vancouver and they gotta get shuttled up to Whistler and where ever else, Interior BC to wine country, Banff, etc. I'd get to wear a nice white shirt and people call me Captain.

"Ladies n' gentlemen this is your bus captain speaking, it's zero degrees outside, please fasten your seatbelts and zip up your pants due to possible ice turbulence."

Oh and I'd also need bus stewardesses, right, to pass the hot towel around and get groped when they spin their ### into opposite row seat. It might be great, or just end up in the ditch with 40 people screaming at me in 20 different languages, with bonus lawsuits for sexual harassment. Hmm.

5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I was just about to write my 6 month review of LCV, but I think we're about to get ####ed by the company....standby....once again the issue is FSC.

IDK why it always has to go this way? 6-12mo's it amazing, then someone in "Management" decides to "make an adjustment" and all of a sudden, you're working for nothing.....IE IHaul just stopped paying FSC, period. Mullen Started Charging the IFTA for both the truck and trailer + mile surcharges in OR/KY/NY to the O/O's and ABL's, even tho it was their trailer/freight!

You go from good money, to under a dollar a mile just like that.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  6. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Yankee rates are UP, so .. obviously yer on the poor side of the line!
    National Van Rates

7. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    They just sent out a memo, that pikes are their most profitable division of the company, even bigger profit than US OTR LTL. They want to double the size of the fleet by May. So obviously someone in "management" is gonna try this, and see who will keep running/quit/hire on. Can you imagine not paying FSC on a pike? The profit margins would be amazing! lol

Flint1 Thanks this.
  8. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    I can't imagine them even trying to attempt such a thing given our current socio-economic conditions, but then again there are those anti-vaxx drivers who as of mid January will be kept north side of the line; so your company may attempt to nab some of them and holdback FSC .. I donno I'm drunk rite now

dunchues, Flint1 and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    No, I think you're onto something, also a ton of people are quitting Bison/TransX/Arnold Bro's/Rig etc etc. Those companies all do LCV, and I know the few new hire drivers I've talked to, are pretty desperate for money.....

Flint1 and skipgears Thank this.
  10. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Exactly. If it weren't for financial desperation how would this industry even survive, am I rite. Truckers are lousy money managers and there's always something the family or property needs to fix. So it's no wonder and the reason we're in this "race to the bottom", there's always a lack of funds on the driver side which makes guys desperados willing to work for peanuts, and on top of that the immigrants are willing to work for a meal at McDonalds and a place to sleep.

Magoo1968, Flint1 and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  11. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Anywho .. forgot to add, just go logging, read what Pamela says in the comments, it's great money and no training, so long you can bank turns in the mud at 90 doing over 120km/hr, and don't piss anyone off else its a trip to the dentist. You should be fine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.