Industry in Canada is too far gone...

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Dec 8, 2021.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    LOL naw man, if I get screwed on pikes with this outfit, I'm gonna sell my truck (I can get more than I need/want for it right now) to a CNTL O/O and be done forever with this whole industry.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Once truckin' gets in yer blood it's impossible to attempt to abandon. You already know that yourself. Any job you try and do post-trucking will feel unnatural. Unless you were never meant to be a driver, because some do come into the industry with great hopes and they don't last over a few months. But I think you know you have a firm place behind the wheel. It is your destiny. Deep inside you know this, and it's frightening, but it's real and it's true.

joey8686 Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Apparently not allowed to cross provincial lines either.

Its all a bunch of BS.

BigHossVolvo and Magoo1968 Thank this.
  5. BobO1176

BobO1176 Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2021
    Is there a link available describing this inter-provincial vaccine requirement? I can’t locate anything, and hard to believe there is such a thing in Canada.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    There was a thread on here about it with a link to a website. Can't find anything else about it either.

7. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    As of now it's not been mandated ,only a proposal.

Domestic Vaccine Mandate Could Fracture Supply Chain: CTA

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  8. BobO1176

BobO1176 Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2021
    Thanks for that. I honestly doubt that will ever happen, the narrative is kind of falling apart and regular people are able to travel across Canada unimpeded, so mandating a few solitary grumpy truck drivers is ridiculous.

9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I stopped caring. I've got very little respect or tolerance left for the government and my fellow Canadians at this point.

10. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I have not been driving since the spring. I do not drive in the winter and at may age I may never go back in the spring. My wife and I were on RT.90 in Winnipeg at a Tim`s facing the road. I told her to watch all the trucks and point out any non immigrant drivers. She could not believe what she saw. Almost every truck was a a new Canadian, vans, reefer, dump truck and even cement trucks. Ditto the parcel delivery guys. The truck stops in Northern Ontario are so bad it is more dangerous than being on the road. Like a video game but REAL.

bark77 and skipgears Thank this.
  11. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Companies are paying most otr drivers crap wages. Garbage in, garbage out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.