info on arrow

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by maddawg36432, Jan 25, 2007.

1. NGa mountain man

NGa mountain man Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    There are 4 orientation trainers,Jim,Matt,Alan,and Mike.
    Oh ,and Tim, they are all pretty good guys,and the training ain't bad for a newbie.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Michelle

Michelle Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2009
    De, MI
    I am a wife of an Arrow driver and it has been rough for the last year. My husband is an OTR driver and he has to pull teeth just to get home time. If fact he is trying to get home this weekend and it looks like that won't happen. Arrow is famous for routing drivers to places and can't get them out and then they will have you deadhead 600 miles just to get you close to something that sends you in the opposite directions of your home. It does not matter what DM you have they don't care, they get to go home and see their families and also get a regular paycheck coming in. My husband is barely getting a thousand miles a week and net pay is either $350 to $400 a week. You can't survive on that. I know frieght is slow but they need to better organized on sending out routes to drivers. It is not like you drivers don't talk to one another. You all know what is going on. 50 trucks sitting idle at corporate more sitting in the other terminals. It defintely sounds to me like the doors will be closing at the first of the year.

4. Burgs

Burgs Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2009
    IL
    SUPER glad I took a pass on Arrow....what a joke of a company.

5. NGa mountain man

NGa mountain man Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2009
    dahlonega ga
    Michelle,
    I just recently left Arrow ,when I turned in my truck the shop supervisor tried to talk me out of it.I told my DM that I couldn't survive and support a family on 1,100 miles a week.
    They then sent me a load going 680 miles west of where I was in La. (I live in Ga.),so I opted to clean out my truck ,and return it to a terminal.
    They paid me my check last week,and owed me a very small check,plus re-imbursement of oil that I turned in to my DM 5 times once in person,and never received it.I even called Rick Jones,and he never returned my call.
    Needless to say I didn't receive my last check of 135.00 ,nothing to them,but everything to a 3 year old that needs to eat.
    I don't know if they will close or not,and I know for a fact that there are some good people working there,I hope they don't close for their sake,but they are getting subsidized by the gov't for everyone that they put through orientation,and for every 100 drivers they hire,they lose 150.
    I don't know how long your hubby has been driving ,but maybe he needs to find something else,maybe something involving food.
    Good luck to ya'll,and god bless.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.