Info on estes that rolled over in hagerstown md?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by EAzYrIDer007, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Supposedly Saia just did. Are yours going to be pointing at the driver as well?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carl320

carl320 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Somewhere, IN

From what I understand there will be cameras pointing at the driver and at the road (I'm with CWF in the midwest).

4. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    You may not be able to hold your lane and brace for impact, especially if it comes unexpected. But you CAN avoid a swerve big enuf to jeopardize any control.
    Reason I say this, is just the other day, I had a stretch limo with a case of road rage come up alongside my drivers side, and cut hard into me, twice.
    The first attempt happened too unexpected for me to "override" my natural reaction to cut the steering wheel to the right, just enuf for a quick, yet controlled, swerve away from the limo. I immediately recovered and moved back to center of my lane (after he moved left into his) when a split second later he make another kamikaze swoop at my left front fender.
    The 2nd swoop came quick, and I still made a contolled swerve away from him, tho I did limit my movement to about half of what I moved on the first swoop.
    At that limiting point, THEN I held firm and braced for impact, should he have decided to "follow thru" with his swoop.

I called State Troopers as he then took off and held about 300' of me. Followed behind him for 20 minutes and then 5 miles past my intended interchange, but like the story goes... the troopers never showed up when ya need them.

EAzYrIDer007 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  5. EAzYrIDer007

EAzYrIDer007 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Baltimore,MD
    Couldn't of been me driver. I would rolled his ### in woods somewhere. 2 ton 4 wheeler messing with a big truck. God some people are jus plain idiots. Smh. You did the smart thing tho driver.

KW Cajun Thanks this.
  6. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    I knew on the first swoop it was intentional. Bet yo SSS I wanted to roll him in the woods somewhere, especially because he was so aggressive at it.
    Only trouble was, in a major city in construction zone. No trees or woods.:wink:
    Except for the thought of collision on my record, I actually was hoping he'd hit me on his 2nd attempt. I held 1/2 of my lane, enuf to clearly show the point of collision would have been clearly in my lane, not his. I was in far right lane of 4-lane stretch. I now dislike black stretch limos, dunno why tho?;)

EAzYrIDer007 Thanks this.
  7. EAzYrIDer007

EAzYrIDer007 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Baltimore,MD
    LOL you don't want that on your record. Makes it hatf to find another driving job with accidents.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  8. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Yep, one camera facing out, one facing the driver.

9. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Could be out of Winchester also, they have a terminal there.

10. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Eh cut him some slack. Was probably driving around a bunch of drunk batchelorettes and didn't get to see anything. Think of the mood that would put you in? Especially if they were good looking. 10 good looking women drunk off their backsides and you didn't get to see any of the action? Yea I know if be in a bad mood. Wouldn't go completely pyscho like the limo driver though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.