Info On J&r Shugal

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by skullitor, Jul 24, 2006.

1. stumble bum

stumble bum Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Pottsville
    Are you for real..i know times are hard but come on...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    So what are the good points working for J R I live on the west coast in L.A. Thinking of joining soon

4. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    Do you still work for them how is it going for you. Are there loads or are you sitting more than rolling

5. md1967

md1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Hanska, MN
    Look, we are all grown and can make our own decisions. I am only sending this to give you the information to make an informed decision. The average length of haul is 900. They want you to run very legal so when you do the math your average weekly miles is 1800. some may do more and some may do less but the average that they actually run is 1800. but, they will not tell you that. If you lease on with them; they will tell you that you get 100% of the FSC. Well, 100% of less than 100% is not 100%. They will charge the customer based on federal standards then pay you based on their network fuel. They will shut you down based on what the computer says irregardless of what your log says. If you live in CA. your home time is nill. This is what I know from experience- from the inside... do with it what you will. PS if anyone tells you different they are full of s*#t!!!

6. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    They will shut you down for what the computer hours and they will not let you run if you have hours and you only get 1800 miles a week. Is there a J R Schugel blog of a driver out there

7. Dannyboi

Dannyboi Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2007
    clovis,ca

A buddy of mine leased on with them in January, yes they want you to run legal but I don't know about any of that other bogus b.s. you are trying to insinuate. He's making take home, averaging $1,200 a week and averaging 2,900 miles. he runs flatbed so I can't say much for the reefer side because I don't know anyone over there but I can say they are small, friendly and know you by name not truck number.

8. Dannyboi

Dannyboi Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2007
    clovis,ca

How do you get only 1800 miles a week, thats what I wanna know? I can drive in reverse all week and still get more miles. Where are you getting your figures from?

9. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    Can you asked your buddy how is the reefer side doing Thanks

10. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    If I didnt feel like lugging over 100 pounds of my stuff on a Greyhound I would drive my beautiful 2007 International 9900ix JR truck to the terminal and go home. Good for all the drivers that can figure out how to run with this computer logmaster JR is running.The sad part is there is plenty freight here, I am constantly preplanned.I have had 2 computer generated resets and one trailer repair reset in 20 days. Heres my story..

I am what is known in the trucking industry as a job jumper. JR is my fifth company in 20 months. In my defense I can say I keep a clean rig, I deliver ontime every single time, I have good personal hygene, I never refuse any load, and to make a long story shorter I take pride in being a trucker. I left my previous companies over miles,pay and for just being Covenant which is my own fault for actually believing the gospel they falsely portray. Maybe I came into trucking naive,believing a person can overcome the madness with a good work ethic.

Anyway, I got to JR ready, willing and able to do the job and I was fortunate to be assigned a great driver manager and I was ready to put in my 20 years here and go fishing. I was riding down I80 and I seen a JR lease truck all shined up and I was smitten.So I got a lease truck and boy this baby is worth the lease hassle.Well everything was going along really nice until I started getting messages that I was over hours. OK,I did run 3800 in five days so I decided to go to the terminal to get a truck wash,do a little laundry and reset my hours.

A few days out at the Baltimore dock a forklift driver busted the rivets on my trailer,losing me a day and a half road time waiting to get my trailer repaired but giving me another reset. Now you know Im ready to run but I was mindful of line 3 and 4 so I ran legal,really I did. Day 6 Im over hours according to the computer.

Allow me to fast forward this story, the #### computer clocks you in when you run the truck,no matter how good you can run a logbook.I refuse to work like this. This is like leaving a beautiful woman cause her mom is a nutcase. Im gonna miss this truck and my driver manager, I actually drove straight thru my home town of Buffalo,NY and past my new house and my beautiful wife and kids just to do my job and be on time and now here I sit 5 hours away from my delievery on a computer generated reset. My logbook says I have hours to run but the computer says different. I could of sat at home. Perhaps after my 3800 mile experiment I redflagged myself with the log folks, whetever, thank God I do have other marketable skills to earn a living with. I always wanted to drive a truck,I did it good and now Im done. Good luck out there and be safe,and for you dirtbags,take a shower and get your truck cleaned up,you make the real truckers look bad...

11. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    So it sounds like you cant make any real money with that computer being like that what a drag that must be. I was one my way to go and get me a nice truck but I don't know about shutting down because a computer tells you to

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.