Info On J&r Shugal

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by skullitor, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    If I can run Ca to Mn that would be a good week and back
    :biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LadyDallasDriver

LadyDallasDriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    USA
    Well its 2009 and I have no post yet...keepin this thread alive....any new news yet???

4. jfr

jfr Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Great Lakes State of Mind
    Can you live in MI and work out of the Columbus terminal?

5. lucky329

lucky329 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have been with the company for two years in July. I came here from another company that
    I loved working for (Monson ). I left my first company for the convienience of bringing my tractor home and a shorter commute as the previous company would not allow me to bring my rig home.

I like my assigned '05 9400i and i like the routes I run.

MILES: my miles vary from week to week from 1800 to 4100 depending on how the last drop for the week falls.I dont sit for more than 34 hours and sometimes I am pressed to find the time for a reset.

I run 2 to 3 weeks out and ALWAYS try to go home for three (days). Usually I end up home for 2 and a half. That is just the way freight works out for my location. Mos tfreight seems to leave on thursday/friday.

Be warned that my opinion is based on the fact I LOVE TO DRIVE, I AM NEVER LATE, AND I NEVER REFUSE A LOAD. I get the miles I get because I dont say no and I am NEVER LATE.
    Never being late is the secret to any drivers success. (did I mention No NYC?)

I like J&R's vacation policy and I like the way they pay. (2 weeks after 2 years and 500.00 each week, )

There is really no room for "truckstop cowboys" with this company and if you cant deliver for them, they wont deliver for you.

If you love to drive and you want to stay out for 2wks to 2 months this is the right company for you. If you want the weekends off. try the post office.

Just my "FEW THOUGHTS" on this company.

SpeedyWho Thanks this.
  6. jimifoad

jimifoad Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2009
    marshall wi
    i started with them in jan. pulling reefer. lotsa miles. but not for me, pullin flats now. low miles but that's just the way it is right now. if you like sittin on your #%% all day holding that wheel. oh yeah! as many miles as you can log, pulling reefer. i've heard dry box is the same. pretty decent people except for night/weekend dispatch. really no help at all, better off talking to a wall.

7. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Port Orange, FL
    Reading through these pages, it seems there are mixed reviews for this company. I am not a new driver but due to the economy my current company... well, lets just say, I love them but need to find a new home and they are 100% behind me.

So, having said that, is this a good company to work for? If not, anyone got any recommendations? At 48, I am not sure I want O/O or L/O but will consider if the company is right.

Thanks for the info.

8. jimifoad

jimifoad Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2009
    marshall wi
    i have good experiences with them so far, but like i said. flatbed is slow. if you like reefer, they'll keep ya busy. as far as the company i don't have any complaints. and that's rare for me. i'm one to have to look for the good cuz the bad is overwelming. watch that girl in the L/P dept though, she'll lie to ya. tell ya what you want to hear then denie it, think your buying a house.

torque and ButtonPusher Thank this.
  9. mrclean1296

mrclean1296 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2009
    bellefontaine, oh
    im trying to find out if j&r is an ok company to lease with

10. truckin4alivin

truckin4alivin Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2009
    MN
    I talked to J&R yesterday and the rec. told me that all of there lease trucks were full

11. jimifoad

jimifoad Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2009
    marshall wi
    they just did some deal where there not hiring any co drivers for flatbed, and they're leasing out company trucks to the LP drivers. flats are suppose to all be O/O, for awhile anyway. heads up in flats, ch robinson is considered a customer. they got me where they want me. just blew a tranny on the truck. after complaining about the clucth for two months, the tranny blew and took out everything with it. eaton fuller coughed up a new but i pay for the rest. $6500 # $250 a week. so i'm pretty much stuck for 6 months. hate to look at it that way. then i might as well buy the truck, WTH it has a new tranny.

customers are paying good. good stop,tarp, and fsc. bout 28 cpm where brokered frieght is a scam. $25 for tarp and 17 cpm fsc. they're running me pretty good, see if that changes when the tranny's paid for. pretty much leave you alone in the LP area sota speak.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.