Info on NFI

Discussion in 'National Freight Inc.' started by kurbski, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    They pay off of pc miler. I worked on the Trader Joe's acct last year when they took over from Silvercrest. BTW- Their terminal in Nazareth has the worst safety rating in the company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    Been with these folks for about 6 months running Staples dedicated. Pays 35 cpm/$6 stop/$15 an hour detention after the 1st hour. My miles seem to average a bit over 2000 a week. Home every weekend (Sat PM-Mon AM) and one or two nights during the week.

Most of the trucks aat my location are 07 FL Columbias with 70" bunks and Detroit or Mercedes power. Also have some snub nose Cascadias with 50" bunks with DD13 power and a few 07 Pete 385s with 60" bunks and C13s. I drive a 385 which has probably permanently soured me on Petes and Cats. We are supposed to be getting new Internationals to replace all the 07s by spring. The 07 have APUs, the newer stuff uses a battery powered sleeper HVAC system. Trucks are very,very slow (The Pete I drive tops out at 61 on the GPS and needs to downshift to get over a prairie dog mound). They slip seat so you are supposed to clean the truck out when you get home (though in practice you will generally run the same truck).

Lots of PITA tight places to deliver to. Also "get to" do some broker load backhauls. Not getting rich but the office folks are easy to get along with. I'm probably not right in the head, but I enjoy dealing with the stores and helping with the unloading and reloading.

4. DUCE

DUCE Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2010
    The Garden State
    I can second that!! you will get no where in a hurry!! as for pay? depends on account. wal-mart for me is 41cpm, 20 stop, 20 multi run, 20 detention.

Trucks mostly cascadia's some pete's 387/385 but that varies by account

home time? 5/2 sleeper or daily day cab.

people for the most part are great.

5. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    Have one of the new prostars now (snub nose with a little bunk) and it's a decent truck. It's been back to IH 5 times in 15000 miles but that's not NFI's fault.

Definitely want to take the ads with a grain of salt. They're always advertising here that you can make $1000 a week. I've grossed that maybe 3 or 4 checks in 9 months (averages 800-900 and the "benefits" whittle that down fast).

6. peterrumbler

peterrumbler Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Anyone know about the dedicated team position in Texas that pays 0.54 cents per mile. The add says 1000-1100 a week. Any run something similar with NFI.

7. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Any Information on the Fort Payne, AL to Arlington, TX. Dedicated lane? Is the Pay they advertise legitimate and what are the backhauls. Is there enough freight to justify 2 runs a week?

8. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2010
    south brunswick nj
    u would think for all the fuel they "save" having their trucks set back so slowly they would give the drivers better wages for the stress of getting in everyones way all the time. in comparison i work for cardinal on office depot. 42cpm 537 miles a day 10 a stop 4.00 every 15 mins delay. 16.00 hr if u breakdown home daily 10-13 hr days i have 5 stops per day 537 miles i typically gross 1290-1350.(i really only drive 493 miles since i take a short cut)but still get paid 537 miles. ive talkn to a few nfi drivers in nj and they said they work to many hours for the paycheck they recieve. anything under 1100 gross in nj for 60 hours is not enough

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  9. sum beach

sum beach Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Missouri
    I just got offered a local job out of mount olive Illinois they seem to be a good company is there any more info any one can share

10. TheBigFoot

TheBigFoot Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Hey Millard, (mainly referring to the OTR division) does NFI govern their trucks down? If they do, how slow (mph?)? And do their trucks have qualicoms in them, and what about a passenger program? Id appreciate the come back since youve been with them for a minute now. Thanks...

11. caliber

caliber Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2010
    KC,MO
    Trucks set at 61 mph, qualcom in truck, elogs. Passenger policy is spouse only - insurance runs just under $6.00 a week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.