Inspection on psp differing from csa score?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ccsolem, May 10, 2024.

1. Ccsolem

Ccsolem Bobtail Member

May 10, 2024
    I had a dot inspection back in February and they got me for PC misuse (too far despite no load or preplan). I just checked my PSP and the inspection date is listed, but shows 0 under number of violations, there aren't any vehicle or driver violations, oos or non-oos.
    I remembered my logs instructor saying our safety personnel could look up our safety scores, so I called and they told me they saw it as 21 csa points, as well as out of service for that day.
    Why would the PSP and csa scores differ like that? And would prospective employers be able to see another companies csa score on you instead of just your PSP?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    It's very strange and looks like a recording error of some sort. FYI you do not have a CSA score, your company does. They can see which drivers cause CSA points and will keep an internal account, which they will refer to as your CSA score. But the DOT only maintains a PSP report on you and that is all a prospective employer will be able to get from the DOT. Your employer might tell more when called for a reference though.

And of course, the PSP error may be caught and corrected.

SoulScream84 and tscottme Thank this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There is no such thing as PSP points. PSP report will only show your inspection, accidents, violations. Now your company may have software that converts that info to points for their internal use based on the CSA points the company received.

wis bang and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    My recommendation to the OP is to go back to Safety and get further instructions on how they want PC done. Don't use PC in a way that will cause this to happen again. In 3 years all of this will disappear and for now, it WILL NOT affect your job.

In all seriousness, there are many other things to worry about than CSA things. Run legal, if this means you have to refuse to operate crap, don't. If this means you have to refuse to do something that will violate the many rules, DON'T! If I sound like I am talking down to the OP that is not my intent. To me worrying about CSA matters like this is similar to worrying about a scratch on the right side of a car that has been T Boned on the left side. Drive legal and leave these petty matters be.

6. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    All this talk about CSA PSP PCP etc….. why can’t we live in the good ole days of trucking when we could basically do as we pleased and have a driver license in every state……long as we got the load delivered, we was golden.

Deere hunter Thanks this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    [​IMG]

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.