Installed Home Depot floor in my 379

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Cam Roberts, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Also the gear shifter covers do not over lap like I thought it did. So if you need an idea on how to make it nice around gear shifter let me know. I came up with a great idea and it worked nice. Any questions. Ask away. It’s a learning experience and I definitely learned off of this on how I could do things better

Tug Toy and nikmirbre Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    With a pete 379 this comes out to almost stock height of flooring. I added 2 washers to each seat mount bolt becuase it was a tad higher and didn’t want to buckle the floor planks tightening down but other than that, the door trim and everything else fell into place nicely

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    How thick should the wood be?

5. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    The style planks I listed are 3.8mm thick according to the specs. The dynamat is probably about the same thickness. The hard foam mat is 1/2 inch thick. It came out to be a tad high from stock heaight. So without the dynamat, it would come out perfect. So like I said if you go that route, the door sills will still fit as normal but you will want to use 2 washers on each seat stud so as not to create a deflection in the planks when tightening seat down. The planks won’t break but you won’t want the floor to look like that. The hard snap together hope Depot planks can and will crack where you snap them together after a while if things aren’t just right. Those one are 7mm thick. That’s why I recommend these planks.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  6. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    If you do tackle this project this weekend. Just take your time and don’t get frustrated. Once you start getting antsy, that’s where start messing up and wasting planks. I was lucky to where I messed up one plank. And at the end I had zero planks left over. I had a bunch of cut pieces but almost had to get another box just for one plank.

motocross25 and nikmirbre Thank this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    nikmirbre Thanks this.
  8. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Not good. I was gonna have a guy actually do it and I really don’t think he knew what he was doing.... he was asking a lot of questions that I couldn’t answer.... I purchased a new seat for $800 and the flooring and anti fatigue flooring in anticipation of finding someone who can do it.... just need to find someone who can do it....

Cam Roberts and motocross25 Thank this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Gotcha. Well sorry it’s on delay but I think you made a good call, that’s something you want done right the first time. Especially when you’re gonna be looking at it everyday. I’m sure it’ll work out and it’ll look great. Keep us posted! I love this idea I really think it adds a lot of appeal to the interior.

nikmirbre and Cam Roberts Thank this.
  10. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    I really should have documented the whole install to make these easier for other people. Sorry man. Any handyman that installs flooring Could do this install pretty quick within a few hours as long as you put down the sub floor and have it ready. Try craigslist or anyone local. Might be an odd request for them but they will appreciate the opportunity

nikmirbre and motocross25 Thank this.
  11. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yea I trolled Craigslist in charlotte and Greensboro....I even talked to a few flooring places....the latest guy doesn’t look too promising

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.