Installed Home Depot floor in my 379

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Cam Roberts, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Keep looking. Put an ad on craigslist. That project is a walk in the park for any person that does flooring. They should have that knocked out in less than 4 hours. I have a buddy that does flooring that wanted to do my floor but I opted out. You must know someone that knows someone else. You know what I mean

KB3MMX and nikmirbre Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    how do you secure the planks to the floor? I want to do this when i replace my seat this summer, but I run northeast with its wonderfully smooth and completely pothole free roads. I dont want these things popping loose driving down the road.

4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    @Cam Roberts, this may be a dumb question, but, how does that floor material hold up against stones and mud, salt and ice?

Reason I'm asking, I run a daycab, pulling dry bulk tankers, and seems like I'm always in mud, snow or some other abrasive material. If i'd do something like this, I'm really worried about scratching the floor, and the durability of it against the salt and snow

5. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Well, vinyl, but just as cheap lol. I kept cutoffs from my kitchen 10 years ago and finally found a use... I did go fancy, and used adhesive backed closed cell polyethylene foam and put a layer of some leftover Dynamat down first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tug Toy, Cam Roberts, KB3MMX and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    EC5C119F-149F-4DC5-B5C9-855587B079DE.jpeg
    Aint nothing wrong with that, that looks good! I was thinking more along the lines of this....

7. Nostalgic

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Only if I hit the lottery haha.

8. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Lol i hear ya

9. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    The planks stick to each other. You do not anchor them to the subfloor. The floor stays in place from all the cut outs. Nothing to pop loose. The sticky planks are flexible and will not break through time like the hard planks you snap together.
    Not a dumb question. My truck is a construction truck. Triaxle dump truck. I’m in mud and dirt all the time and quarry’s. I chose these planks for a number of reasons. One reason is becuase my floors in my house have not one scratch on them with 2 crazy border collies running around with long nails. I think these floors will hold up fine. I did make a custome piece of 9”x 4” brushes stainless for a heel pad so my drive foot heels don’t wear a hole in the floor

Tug Toy, ncdriver1 and rbrtwbstr Thank this.
  10. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    I like this better than my floor. That’s a one piece? You used old floor as a template?? Man that must have made life easy

11. Nostalgic

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Yep, it's one piece, wih the foam backing attached just like the OE rubber floor. I kept looking at the floors on Raney's and figured for the chance to hold onto $1,000 it was worth taking a shot. I actually was going to do something like what you did, but none of the flooring places had anything I liked in stock and I'm impatient.

Cam Roberts Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.