Instant O/O and Load boards

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PharmPhail, Jan 26, 2009.

1. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    1. I am NOT your "sweetie"

2. I did read it

have a good life... I'm finished with you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BCTINC

BCTINC Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    The Highway
    Miracles do happen....:biggrin_25520:

4. M.Enterprises

M.Enterprises Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Now THAT would be interesting. I think Rob's numbers would be a little easier to verify than BCT's though. My guess is he is a billionaire with a house up in the hills as soon as we see his financial reports.

"####...$9/mile hauling gold bullion, no WONDER you laugh at Rob!"

:biggrin_25525:

5. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    I did not know what was going to happen with your situation yesterday. My guess was that they would give your driver a citation and 30 days to pay the toll and the fine. Sounds like it all worked out thanks to a cop and an atm machine. I went to York,Pa. and was shocked when I had $100.00 in tolls. I am not a fan of the turn-pike.

6. ampm wayne

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    You have to have 50 posts that are either positive of informative before you can call someone sweetie.

7. ampm wayne

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    Why does BCTINC keep bringing up having a business plan? I did not know we we still talking about that after 147 pages of posts. I wish he would read all 147 pages. There has to be something in there he could talk positive about.
    If he just wants to pick a fight there are lots of other options. All he has to do is say Peterbilts are junk. JB hunt,Covanent,Werner,and Swift rock. Freightliner are great. Heck there is even a picture of me about page 150. He could just call me ugly. I just don't understand the beating of the dead horse over a poor business plan.

8. Big Country

Big Country Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Strasburg Virginia
    Despite what certain negative people in this thread say, PP is doing a great job in his new business, don't let the naysayers hold you back. Keep them wheels turning and burning, profit is profit no matter how much or how little it is.

Good job PP Drive safe Stay safe!

PharmPhail Thanks this.
  9. ampm wayne

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    Here is a fact. If you are of going into business and are concidering trucking chances are that is a bad business plan.
    1.Trucks are expensive
    2. Freight does not pay enough
    3. Repairs are costly
    4. Loads never pay you the actual miles required to get it there.
    There you have found someone that agrees with you.
    Most of the people on the forum know this information. Most of us try to help one another in a positive manner. If you have information that could help someones situation why don't you share the info? I was under the impression that was the goal of the forum. If you don't want to share good information keep up your negative attitude and you will eventually get banned. I have noticed you never respond to my posts. Why is that? Do you only bash people with limited experience?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  10. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    The business plan challenge is just bizarre. It's what got me where I already am, it's history. A good plan needs to answer the Who, What, When, Where, and How. The thread outlines each of it early on to where we are now.

The first several pages are a lot of the research amongst other places and resources. The Next several pages discuss freight types, comparing and contrasting and settling on one. Next section is getting the truck in order and all the steps and decisions that went into that complete with pictures. The rest has been putting the plan and it's parts into action, analyzing the results as we go and that's where we are now. What is the plan now? Picking up my next load and delivering it, and so on until I'm dead like everyone else lol.

I don't know what a 3 month old trucking company needs to be considered successful. After fuel I bring about 2.5 times my base bills. I have no plans to retire at the end of the first year, but don't know anyone who has. It is what it is.

I'll have some numbers for you guys again tomorrow night late. I had a decent week. Nothing spectacular on a load by load basis, but I did kill it in volume. :biggrin_25517:

11. BCTINC

BCTINC Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    The Highway
    :biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518:

Please wait by your computer and I will post my Corp's financials....

Your golden child does not even know what his break even point is and relies almost completely on where he rents his trailer from for revenue, even though he has his authority..... No direct shippers ???? Might as well just run for fuel money from load board freight..................

Wayne I did not see the the rule as to where I had to join the rah rah club and agree in lockstep with the starry eyed fans when I joined. Would you kindly point out that rule please. Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.