Instant O/O and Loadboards II

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Magicmantx, Sep 29, 2009.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    singing that one song *WELCOME BACK*

welcome back kotter show. or whatever it was called. :biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    ok rob lets hear it?????? are you running yet with the other truck??????,im pulling for yah big guy!!!!

4. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    I'm also wondering if you've ever considered going to van reefer or flat instead of hoppers? No ulterior motive here, just bein' nosy:biggrin_25526:

5. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    No, not really. I do pretty well with hoppers. Just need my truck to hang in there. There was a time back in July that we had a slow-down and I got a bit paranoid about it, but it was temporary. I really need to see how winter is to get the full picture though.

6. PharmPhail

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Thanks Dino, you're always good for a boost and a kind word!

I was hoping for the end of this week, but realistically it could be as late as Monday.

The new truck is insured as of today, and the owner is gettting the tag and IFTA today. If it went well we'll probably meet up tomorrow.

ampm wayne and WallyGator Thank this.
  7. WallyGator

WallyGator Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Clearwater,Florida
    you better get going pretty soon. or youll screw up your chance to be driver of the month at Freight Pro.:biggrin_25514:

8. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    driver of the month!!!!!!!gos to the big hippo boy and his fully rebuilt over priced ,extra mech on standby, peter rebuilt ,,,,,,,will the old girl come back to life ,,stay tune for tomorros adventure ,,(ROOKE AND THE HIPPO) brought to you by peterbuildt,where your trucking needs are met and come standard with one big red circal with a slash thru it with a picture of the hippo,,,,,,,,, might be time to change manufatures hippo?????see if a kenworth can hold up to the hippo test ,,,,oh and rob remember take it easy on the new guy and remember winter comeing so be aware of snow and ice hazards!!!!!! this was brought to you buy peterbuilt!!!!!!!!:biggrin_25520:

9. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    alrighty then todays adventures!!!! well befor te other thread was closed i was in baltimore last weekend and to the trailer to the shop where they replaced 2 seals and the bearing nut had heat rings on it and along with the shaft,this and mudflaps and lighta were replaced,so im figureing im good to go,NOT!!!!while tooling around n,carolina yesterday the dispatcher tells me i need a dot inspection on the trailer???????WTF ????it was in the shop all day saterday noone could look at the file and say oh while its there get a dot inspection!!!!!!! eveidently not so, this gets better, i pull into the t/a here on I-40 and exit 138 and get fuel and ask for an inspection,the mech comes out and i brief him on what had transspired last weekend at the t/a in balitmore and showed him the paper work,,he said oh realy watch this ,,e gets under the trailer shows me now iv got 3 seals leaking and all three 4 sets of brakes need replaceing a couple of other lights and outer seal caps,needless to say we were back at takeing pictures again and waiting,,,,,tick,tick,tick this was at 5 pm it it now 9 pm and he just knocked on the door and said they said fix everything,,!!!holy ####ski,!!!!last week it was 700 bucks this week its 1200,,,if they had fixed all this crap and dont the inspection last week i would be here in the bay waiting lol hmmm hind sight !!!! run it till the wheels fall off or burn up or fry good theroy like it might try it some time lol what a bunch of idiots,,oh and just found out that most of the maint staff aint never been in a truck so how the hell can they tell buy a picture on computer!!!!!

10. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Are you friggin kidding me??? I can't do anything but shake my head to this one...:biggrin_25512:

11. PharmPhail

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Depends, I think you're viewing multiple reports as coming from me. To rephrase without using the words "good" or "bad", basically in a straightforward month I can bring in about 8k to 9k beyond fuel and instant expenses. It's not easy running and I work my tail off, but it's very liveable if you don't throw a tranny, engine mount, exhaust twice, multiple airlines, radiator hoses, electrical repairs, two tires, 3 batteries, and the associated tows in a 2 week period. I'm also paying a tremendous amount of debt, just looking at student loans alone ($160,000) outside of the trucking expenses. If I had started out even, the trucking would pay for itself pretty nicely. I'm pretty optimistic about the future.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.