Instant O/O and Loadboards II

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Magicmantx, Sep 29, 2009.

1. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Five days since the last post. I wonder if something "happened" to one, and the other is in jail.

Come on fellas, I really enjoyed both of your postings. I can understand, as you really took some abuse on here, but there were many that did not pile on, and liked following your adventures. Let us know how things are going, if just an update as to the hippo truck repair and the Volvo.

Gears Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. S C Rydah

S C Rydah Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Jersey
    Hey pharm man. I've been there. I know what it was like to start out and make mistakes driving. Hell I got fired from JB Hunt 5yrs ago for straight line backing into a truck - just BUMPING HIM - at a consignee. I was only there for 2 mos and it was in the probationary period. He was in my blind spot and wasn't there before I got into my truck. Just pulled up 5 ft or so DIRECTLY behind me before I backed up...and it STILL haunts me to this day!

But my point is it was THAT easy for me to get fired with a company for something MINOR back then! IMAGINE HOW EASY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NOW?! If you had chose to learn the "easy way", I'm sure you would have had worse problems dealing with a company. You got serious balls for doing what you're doing now. And a lot of us have much more respect for you doing it.

I'm looking to go O/O so I don't have to deal with the same problems I had in the past and go through the problems I avoided the 1st time around. You keep posting cuz we're looking up to u man!!

I'm building my business plan around you O/O's and your experiences!

You're kind of a pioneer. You should be proud!! You're learing at a faster rate than most of us EVER would do! We're just trying to keep you on the steady course. I know it's hard. Hell, it's hard working a regular job! But Imagine how hard and frustrating it would be if you were sitting around and making low miles and you DIDN'T have your own truck and authority??!! There are drivers like that ALL AROUND YOU.

Don't lose your steam man. Keep inspiring us and be inspired by our hard times and exp as well. I wish I could do what you're doing right now.

Gears Thanks this.
  4. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Glad to read you're putting together a business plan Rydah. It's often overlooked and to me means you're serious about what you're doing.

Good on ya!

5. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    :biggrin_2552: guess pharms gone undercover,we used to talk almost everyday!!!!,seems the depressoin might have got the best of him,,im truly hopeing hes almost got his rig ready to roll!!!!hes gone thru the battles and come this far,,,thers no turning back,,,but it seems its top secrect material!!!!radioactive hot,,,,or is it a smoldering fire thats looseing it spark!!!!!!just hope all is well

kickin chicken and Gears Thank this.
  6. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    I know how to get Pharm back. I talk to him a couple of times every week. He would like for the MODS to open his old thread. This thread was not started by him. It was started when his thread was locked down. He tells me that he would come back if they would open the old thread.

7. jagerbomber3.0

jagerbomber3.0 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2009

I say make it happen. His thread is what actually led me to joining this site when i ran across it.

8. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Well, then open the old thread please Mr & Mrs Moderator!

Pretty please..... with sugar on it.......

9. Luis

Luis Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2008
    So that's why. Just keep the bull away from his thread and it should be like old times.

10. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    The old thread starts at the begining and Pharm started it. I would also like to see it opened back up. If it gets UGLY again the Mods can lock it up again and that can be the final ending.

Luis Thanks this.
  11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I agree Wayne. I would like to see the old thread opened up. More pictures and youtube vids in it too.

KH

ampm wayne Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.