Insurance

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mike Mci, May 24, 2019.

1. Mike Mci

Mike Mci Light Load Member

May 4, 2019
    Looking for insurance in Massachusetts didn’t think it would be this hard all I get is let me look into it but in less you’ve got four trucks they don’t even want to talk to you I got a clean driving record and my finance contract sit in front of me didn’t think this would be one of the biggest hurdles does anybody know a company that writes in Massachusetts ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Yup when I started a couple yrs ago it was hard to find insurance for a new startup . Goodluck rates are ridiculous.

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  4. Mike Mci

May 4, 2019
    It’s not even the dollar amount I’ve been waiting over two weeks just to get quotes from three different agents meanwhile I finally got the contract on the truck in the want it back in three days with verifiable coverage

5. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Call or do online with progressive to give you an idea. It's Berkshire or progressive anyway for startups.

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Call this agency.. They got me insured through Progressive. I only have non trucking liability through them but they did get me quote for a new entrant ($29,000 in Florida..one truck) For me it wasn’t worth the risk..

Independent Insurance Agency

I use them and they didn’t mess around making me wait for a quote.. “here’s your quote, do you want it?” Lol.

I’m guessing you’re a new entrant getting your own authority?

Mike Mci and Cam Roberts Thank this.
  7. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    nobody would talk to me for insurance qoutes. I got an insurance agent from my moms bussiness and they got me rediculously low rate from progressive.
    you need insurance agent. Whatever the commision is, its welllllll worth it
    My rates are lower than a few guys that i know with same exact policy and have been doing what i do for years before me

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  8. Mike Mci

May 4, 2019
    Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice I called progressive in the said he didn’t do on operator in mass maybe I just talk to the wrong person I’ve contacted a couple different agents over the last couple weeks they just haven’t got back to me and they don’t seem to answer their phones I don’t have my own authority I’m leasing on with the company who offers insurance but the catch is I need the Insurance to get the truck for the bank the company will only give me a temp card till I get the truck there and the bank won’t except that so I’m stuck in the middle I’d like to have my own insurance anyway

9. Mike Mci

May 4, 2019
    I’m going to call that agency you mentioned Concorde And see if they can help probably won’t be till Tuesday though but thanks man

10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    insuremyrig.com

They will find you something, but it probably won't be cheap.

11. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Tell them you are needing “Non Trucking Liability”
    That is what you need to lease your truck on..

Mine costs me just under 4K in FL per year..

It is very easy to get unlike “New Entrant Insurance

You should be able to get it much cheaper being from MA.

I lived most of my life in that state and found insurance to be 1/2 of what it costs in FL.

Mike Mci Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.