Insurance

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by Samdav, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Samdav

Samdav Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    Hopefully I can help if you already haven't obtained some.
    If you have been in business 2 years with insurance in your name try Great West Casualty, Fairmont ( division of Crum & Forester ) or Sentry.
    If this is the first time getting insurance try Hallmark. You can get a quote from Progressive but it will be high.
    The best thing is to find an independent insurance agency that has multiple contracts with trucking insurance companies.
    You can contact OOIDA Risk Retention. They typically have good rates. Be advised they are not a traditional insurance company, therefore some banks, brokers & companies will not accept them.

4. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    Make sure you work with a retail broker who understands trucking insurance. It's a pretty restrictive marketplace, especially for new CDL holders and or new venture authorities......and your retail broker is likely going to need to get quotes from wholesalers as they represent the markets that will do new CDLs & new ventures.

Stay away from Risk Retention Group (OOIDA) type carriers as without a A.M. Bests rating of A or higher you won't find load brokers willing to work with you.

HottyToddy16 Thanks this.
  5. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    I run a branch office of National Indemnity......and we write a LOT of trucking insurance.......depending on where.....both owner ops and fleets.

6. cowboy rob

cowboy rob Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2012
    We're in GA

7. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I use TRI Cor. Great company. 2016 Freightliner Evolution agreed Value 130k . 1000 deduct 6600 a year I'm 51 and just entering my 3rd year driving. 2nd as owner ops. No accidents etc. also make sure you get unlimited miles from home and unlimited miles ran.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

8. cowboy rob

cowboy rob Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2012
    How long have u had ur authority

9. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    7 years I used to own a bus company and then parked it. Currently only valid in Colorado. I am leased to a small out fit. They take real good care of me. Over 250k gross refer and van. Small mom and pops for refer side pick up and drops.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.