International LT 2020 Sleeper AC shuts off when volts get low, autostart does not kick in.

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by shakin, Sep 4, 2020.

1. shakin

shakin Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2020
    I brought it in 3 days after the one year warrantee had expired because the AC would shut off in the sleeper instead of the autostart kicking in and 4 of the high dollar batteries were shot, replaced all batteries this was like a month ago, AC auto start function worked together again now it's doing the same thing, AC just shuts off, autostart does not engage. I have the electric apu system. Anyone else figure this out?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I replied to your other post, but I'll add some more here. You still need to plug into it to see what the body controller is reading for cab temp. It the temp sensor in the cab might be faulty and reading cold all the time so body controller thinks its cold enough and therefore never initiates the system to run. For the system to run, you need the park brake set, hood closed, no vehicle speed and must be in neutral. If any of these safety interlocks are showing error it will not start. You need to a computer plugged in to see all these.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted