International LT 2020 Sleeper AC shuts off when volts get low, autostart does not kick in.

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by shakin, Sep 4, 2020.

1. shakin

shakin Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2020
    I brought it in 3 days after the one year warrantee had expired because the AC would shut off in the sleeper instead of the autostart kicking in and 4 of the high dollar batteries were shot, replaced all batteries this was like a month ago, AC auto start function worked together again now it's doing the same thing, AC just shuts off, autostart does not engage. I have the electric apu system. Anyone else figure this out?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I replied to your other post, but I'll add some more here. You still need to plug into it to see what the body controller is reading for cab temp. It the temp sensor in the cab might be faulty and reading cold all the time so body controller thinks its cold enough and therefore never initiates the system to run. For the system to run, you need the park brake set, hood closed, no vehicle speed and must be in neutral. If any of these safety interlocks are showing error it will not start. You need to a computer plugged in to see all these.

4. shakin

shakin Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2020

5. shakin

shakin Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2020
    Hey thanks so much. I brought it in they replaced the air temp sensor and raised the auto start setting to 12.4, I told them 12.3 and it still turns on way too much. Now it's doing it again this time I'm plugged into shore power, thinking garbage sensor again. Killing me. I'll have to bring it in for a third time. Thanks for your response!

Heavyd Thanks this.
  6. Cooltrucker09

Cooltrucker09 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2021

7. Cooltrucker09

Cooltrucker09 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2021
    So what was the problem that caused this issue? I am in a 2019 prostar lt electric apu and the ac shuts down like the low voltage sensor shuts off like a breaker being tripped after running for 11-13hrs But the auto start does not start the truck and I still have power to all power outlets and lights, refrigerator, cb. The power for the hvac system will kick back on like a breaker resetting after about 10- 20 seconds. Auto start will not start truck for a least another 2-3 hours and if I leave hvac off it will turn on again for a few minutes.. what did you digure out that was the main cause??

8. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    It sounds like my truck is doing the same thing. The auto start works as it’s supposed to. My issue is the bunk AC shuts off before the voltage drops low enough for the auto start to start the truck. The AC will work just fine until it just shuts off when voltage drops to 12.5

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.