International Trucks

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by GITRDUN45, Oct 18, 2013.

1. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Yes,I took the offer and and drug screen yesterday.....Should start later next week picking up the 6 new trucks...
    Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GITRDUN45

GITRDUN45 Heavy Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Good Deal. I'm sure it will work out.

4. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Thanks Man!

I talked with HR at my current employer yesterday and they were actually nice about it.
    They told me if the new gig does not work out I could come back on with them.
    It is good to not burn bridges...:biggrin_25519:

5. GITRDUN45

Sep 30, 2013
    That's great and no doubt about bridges. I learned about that real recent. Keep in touch and tell us how your doing after you start. BE SAFE!!!

EZ Money Thanks this.
  6. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    There are sales people and then there are gentleman sales people such as the one that told me that "every engine has its nightmares and the max force is no worse than any other new engine."

The other thing is dedicated International people (such as me) are afraid that there recent stupid mistakes might break them and resale and parts would be issues. I for one don't think they will file but they are going to work for free for quite a while.

You might be alright taking advantage of the current fears.

I missed by one day a nice 2012 Prostar day cab with 20,000 miles with Cummins for $82,000. I kept asking what the situation was on it and they would not really say and then grumbled it was a lease return. I think more like they didn't check into some ones credit as good as they should have.

GITRDUN45 Thanks this.
  7. GITRDUN45

Sep 30, 2013
    I seen so many deals on 2012's with low miles and had no clue about them. Still researching. Just was curious but thanks for info.

8. Denominator

Denominator Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2013
    If they have ALL of the recent campaign work done on them, you should be ok. That being said, they were VERY problematic before the recent campaigns. EGR Coolers, HP Fuel Pumps, exhaust manifolds, turbo issues.

9. GITRDUN45

Sep 30, 2013
    I kinda figured it was that. Finding some with less than 100K for 62 K . Wonder if I bought one like that and they didn't have all that done. Wonder how much it cost to get all that fixed? Any Idea? Thanks for Info. Hope all is well and staying safe.

10. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Only took me a week to remember this thread. Ok, the maxxforce has decent power and mpg, but a reputation of a short life span.

GITRDUN45 Thanks this.
  11. darkknight82

darkknight82 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2013
    the maxxforce is a good engine if u stay up on the electrical rubbed wires are the biggest thing with the right manual and common sense

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.