Internet Access - Sprint Data Cards

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by chicadriver, May 7, 2008.

1. chicadriver

chicadriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    :biggrin_2559: Does anyone have any experience with Sprint 'always on' data card for notebooks? I want full access while I'm on the road and their product seems good. There's no roaming charges. Anyone tried Sprint yet? Thanks, cj.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RYITO1122334455

RYITO1122334455 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    youngstown ohio
    same wuestion i was gonna ask. lol when i fininsh training id like to get the sprint card as well since i already have a contract with them

4. CflTeam

CflTeam Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Central, Fl
    I would suggest millenicom over sprint. Same coverage, but with unlimited usage and cost is a flat $49.99 a month, no taxes or extra fees added in. Also, no contract. Do a search for them on this site or on the internet in general to get more info. My boys use them and love it! Good enough speeds to allow them to play xbox live.

5. chicadriver

chicadriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    I found the Millenicom website but they're out of devices - I'll check back later - I won't need the computer for a couple of weeks hopefully. Thanks.

6. kevinm

kevinm Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    I have always recommended verizon (more coverage) but this looks good.

7. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Yeah- I need to check this too.. I'd been leaning to Verizon for the coverage, but hating it because they don't have an 'unlimited' plan. 5G/month won't be enough for me if I'm OTR. (regional/local...it would probably work)

8. kd5giv

kd5giv Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Well I guess it's too late now but I use a USB card from Sprint and it has worked well, even in the most remote places. I have had a few outages in the hills near Abilene, Tx while chasing storms. I do have unlimited for $59.00 per month and I haven't seen anything on a bill about roaming. I hope there isn't any because that seems to be the whole purpose for the card. I also had to sign a 2 year contract. Sucker!! It would be nice if we could all make people stay a customer with us, say if I sale gas. Then maybe I could raise the prices sky high and say well you could cancel for only $200.

I wish I had heard of millenicom a few months ago. I sure didn't want a contract. But I will be ###### if they are getting $200 from me for nothing. At least staying the 2 years I can have service for my money.

Something I worry about is what THEY call unlimited. Unlimited to me means just that. If I am downloading movies 24/7 then that means there is still no limit. So far a bill hasn't shown usage yet, just the $59.00 per month.

9. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I use Sprint. I USED to have the PCMCIA card, but now I use the U720 Merlin (USB).
    Excellent product and service. Sprint has discontinued the U720, but they have replaced it with a similar unit. Not sure how well that one works.

10. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Sprint is whom I use, whom I connect thru including atm. I reccomend them. I pay 59.99 for unlimited net, got the card free, and there customer service is great. You get what you pay for. Sprint's Rev A system is the fastest out there right now, I did all kinds of research before I bought it because I needed something I could play world of warcraft with. In almost every major city and a greater portion of the interstate the speed is broadband or better.

11. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I have sprint.
    I have the new usb card and it seems to work great for me. I also have broadband speeds in most places I park, and at least some access even when in the middle of nowhere.
    My Verizion phone was cutting out last night, but I had a constant internet connection with sprint. And with the unlimited access I dont have to worry about my usage. I play an online mmo also. A little lag here and there, but not bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.