Interstate Distribution Company - Tacoma, Wa.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Rangerman, May 21, 2006.

1. jpwtrucking

jpwtrucking Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Orlando,FL
    Finished First Day Of Orientation, Man o Man what a wonderful suprise, anyone coming to work here will definately be impressed, they are truly helpful

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Good. Let us know how you're making out.

4. jpwtrucking

jpwtrucking Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Orlando,FL
    Okay,

We have finished orientation, and completed 2 trips so far
    Tacoma,WA-Monroe TWP,NJ and Newark,NJ-Orlando,FL

we are extremely impressed, even though we are a team we were assigned a 2004 FL Columbia, and even though it i a 2004, it was extremely clean and well maintained.

it is an automatic, i was reluctant at first but it is growing on me.

so far so good

5. CJBEnterprise

CJBEnterprise Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2006
    We have contract with Interstate. We have a small fleet of owner operators. We have been with Interstate for about 8 years. The company has never lied to us and that is saying alot about a trucking company. We might not like the truth but it's so much better know what is going on instead of being in the dark.

6. jtilton1963

jtilton1963 Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2006
    My wife and i have been working for interstse for 3+ years now they are a very good company to work for and yes they are having some growing pains but that is a good thing they are still a private company. We drive dedicated for Do It Best hardware out of the Mesquite nevada warehouse which is operated by interstate. Interstae has many solo drivers but the majority is teams thats why we went to work for them. Remember every company has its own level of B.S. its up to you to decide how much you can or want to put up with. But in the end they all have it. To all be safe and remember an act of kindness is just that an act of kindness. So pass it on.- JT

7. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    does interstate take school grads and do they hire out of central florida as someone said they went to orlando

8. jtilton1963

jtilton1963 Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2006
    i dont know if they do the best thing to do is give them a call. they sent out a message the other day that said they was looking for trainers so the might be takeing school grads now i dont know for sure they do go into floridia but i belive the closest yard is in lebanon tenn. i dont have the phone number but there web sight is idc.com

9. shellshocked50

shellshocked50 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2006
    That was really considerate for a company to actually preorder a flight ticket in advance in the middle of an emergency and trying to make contact with the driver. If it really happened, thats huge!

10. One

One Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Lots of posts and little substance! Someone tell us what they pay, what milemaker they use and what the hometime is like. What do they haul, need hazmat or not NYC? Average miles and detention time, touch freight?

11. chilly

chilly Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Ok, shellshocked, this is the first time I have ever done this. But I'm going to tell you a story about Interstate. It happened several years ago and I am happy to hear that this company has not changed over the years. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!! for Interstate.
    My brother-in-law drove for Interstate. He was based out of Medford, Oregon. He had driven with them for a few years. He always made his deliveries on time or if he was going to be late he let the company know. One day while driving he wasn't feeling so good. So he pulled over in a rest stop and started to crawl into the sleeper. He never made it into that sleeper. He had a stroke. He was there all night and when he didn't show to deliver Interstate had put out the news to all the trucks in that area to look for him. In less than 2 hours he was found and emergency vehicles dispatched. They had also contacted my sister. She is afraid of flying. So Interstate flew his son down to be with him. They also flew Dad and son home when they transfered him to the hospital in Medford. Yes he survived, but naturally he was never able to go back to driving. Its been about 15 years since this happened. Tomahawk is alive and well, just old age taking over. Interstate you Rock!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.