interstate, may trucking's power only program!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by brar, Aug 22, 2017.

1. brar

brar Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2011
    CA
    Has anyone run power only program with may trucking or interstate distribution out Of south east? May trucking has only reefer division running to west while interstate got only dry division and run eastern states..
    I prefer pulling dry van in eastern states and be home weekly. I'm looking for a recommendation for companies that offer good miles, good pay and hometime.i live in Atlanta area and I'm willing to lease my truck too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. #1Phantom309

#1Phantom309 Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I don't know about that but another thread said heartland bought interstate so you might want to look into that before you decide

brar Thanks this.
  4. brar

brar Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2011
    CA
    Interesting, I know they bought Gordon 2 years ago.

5. #1Phantom309

Aug 12, 2017
    Yea they did ....run a search of the threads here it's all over them.....

6. brar

brar Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2011
    CA
    As a independent contractor with single truck idk how it's going to impact on me. I spoke to IDC recruiter few days ago and he said they have plenty of freights out of Atlanta and can promise good home time

7. #1Phantom309

Aug 12, 2017
    Yea I'm not degrading them or heartland..I was considering interstate teaming with my brother when I ran into the info

brar Thanks this.
  8. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    If you run power only, you'll probably be picking up empty trailers and deadheading around. You might want to find out if you get paid for that. If you get a bad trailer and get inspected, the OOS goes on your company's record, not the company that owns the trailer. If there's plenty of freight, does it pay well or are you running your truck into the ground to make a paycheck? Hometime is for company drivers. If you own the company, then you should decide when to go home, not them.

brar Thanks this.
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    He's talking about being leased with these companies. Any ticket he gets on a trailer will go on both his and their record.

brar Thanks this.
  10. 100%Gofio

100%Gofio Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2017
    i been reached out by 3 different companies so far offering power only work but they pay peanuts, under $1.50.. might as well be a company diver imoo

brar Thanks this.
  11. brar

brar Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2011
    CA
    Basically I want to lease my truck with a company that offfers drop and hook and pays good out of atlanta.
    QUOTE="loudtom, post: 6353110, member: 186442"]If you run power only, you'll probably be picking up empty trailers and deadheading around. You might want to find out if you get paid for that. If you get a bad trailer and get inspected, the OOS goes on your company's record, not the company that owns the trailer. If there's plenty of freight, does it pay well or are you running your truck into the ground to make a paycheck? Hometime is for company drivers. If you own the company, then you should decide when to go home, not them.[/QUOTE]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.