Interstate Truck Driving Jobs

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by OregonJoe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. OregonJoe

OregonJoe Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Portland Oregon
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmmlovescats

pmmlovescats Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2013
    My husband has been working for Interstate for 6 months out of a nameless yard somewhere in the East. He signed a statement saying he would drive at least 2050 miles a week. For the first 2 months it barely hit 1900 average. He has stayed out over weekends at least 12 times since he started. At least 3 times he has taken a load out on Thursday and found out there was no way back. So he sat. Down time is all well and good, but not when it's away from home. He has had to get layover pay 4 times in the last 6 weeks. The planners aren't very good at planning. We have been sitting all weekend, finally got a load to Cincy, and he has been waiting 5 hours. Then they ask him if he wants to take a load that will take 12 hours, and he has 9. This is consistently how the company acts. Either nothing, or too late. Bits and pieces, hours of sitting in between loads. Something at that terminal needs to be fixed.

OregonJoe Thanks this.
  4. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    I'd suggest he talks to his FM's boss. I'm about to the same thing.

When I started, I had an FM who was terrific. 1-10 hrs prior to delivery, I'd have my next load assignment and most were in the 800-1600 mile range. She'd include short notes like "this needs a Hi-cube trailer" or "customer very picky about sweep outs" etc (not 100% needed, but nice). Always home on time, fuel solutions that made sense, etc. When I called in for clarifications or issues, she was right on the ball. She even called customers to get me permission to rest overnight. She always treated whatever situation as "teamwork". She knew her job was office support and by jove she did just that. Then this wonderful FM got "promoted" about 2 months ago.

Now I have a new FM who waits until I'm empty to even ask about next load. Required info is left off the plans (pickup numbers or trailers) and when I call for it she acts like it's my fault. 1-2 hrs waiting for a response on Qcomm is common. She got angry that I ran out of hours (heavy traffic in Portland). She seems to have no say whatsoever in what loads come to me. Since she took over my weekly miles are down 500. The funny part is that she used to drive...

I think IDC is a fine company and I just got dealt a bad apple for an FM. I'll be talking to the Terminal boss about a re-assignment tomorrow.

OregonJoe and double yellow Thank this.
  5. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon

And thats another reason I recently left IDC

OregonJoe Thanks this.
  6. jeremyhntr1

jeremyhntr1 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Bells, TN
    Interstate is really bad about communication. If it weren't for that this would be a terrific company.

Paloma and OregonJoe Thank this.
  7. WATruckerwife

WATruckerwife Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2013
    My husband is starting with Interstate shortly and he was just told there was a $150 non-refundable pet policy. Not sure if it is a new policy but that's what he was just told.

8. Paloma

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Pet policy should be $700 or $750 Deposit.

OregonJoe Thanks this.
  9. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    same here, as with you and paloma... when i started, I had a great FM, had preplans waiting for me and never sat. once he left it was like his fleet got tossed in the trash and forgotten about. being home on the weekends went away, being sent way out of my "region" driving on the west coast when I signed up for the kansas city regional, weekend and evening FM's not really caring just trying to get stuff moved and then when daytime FM's came back they didnt understand why I was even sent to where I was. took them 3 weeks to get me back to Lebanon and if you have a question about anything never ever getting an answer. they are polite and all, and when I cant do something I say i cant and I don't get grilled on having to make it happen, but being nice doesn't get you home which was my main reason for going "regional"

10. Paloma

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    I don't want any one here to misunderstand .. I am NOT saying IDC is a bad Company for Owner/Ops or Company Drivers. Only that there is a "Communication" problem. If this problem is addressed and corrected within reason, I would "Lease Onto" IDC again in a Heartbeat.

Compensation is good. Terminals are Great. And decent freight .. And they love pets ..lol

11. Trucker8

Trucker8 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Sparks, NV
    I start orientation on the 9th in tacoma and am wondering how orientation is in tacoma im going to be assigned to the 11W fleet im told i will be running 5 days then home for a 34-48 hrs off. Is this true? And do they really get you home when they say? Do i ever run out of the 11w zone? Just dont wanna make a mistake going with a crappy co. Thanks to all in advance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.