Iowa 80 Truckstop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Cybergal, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TLGken

TLGken Light Load Member

May 18, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Walcott is really a great truck stop! It's clean, the restaruant staff is always nice, treating you like family, and has a great truckers store. It is one of the few truck stops that we can get out 195' loads in and out of the parking lot with no problems.
    Yes, the ice can be slick trying to come out of the exit!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Never been there but I have been online and I was impressed by what I saw.
    I have ordered parts/accessories from them-Great service:yes2557:

4. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    "E" ticket ride? :biggrin_25524::biggrin_2559::biggrin_25523:

5. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    So far my routes have only taken me past Walcott twice, but that place is definitey on my favorites list. Good thing I don't own my truck... I'd be blowing whole paycheques in the chrome shop!

6. Snowman&Fred

Snowman&Fred Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I am not yet a trucker, but every year I stop on the way to and from the Indianapolis 500. It is a nice place, and though i have yet to see both ends of the operation, the whole place is really clean, and people are super nice. Why cant everybody be like that. I will have to try the steak sandwich.

7. Milesprower

Milesprower Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Gulf Coast of MS
    Is the Iowa 80 truck stop billed as the largest in the world/US?I remember seeing something about it on tv,and it was in Iowa.Cant remember the name.

8. Otter

Otter Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Milton, VT.
    I've been there, I wasn't impressed. I like truck stops where everything is in one building. I don't want to go to one building to pay for my fuel then hike or take a cab to the restaurant.

9. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    "i want that head so clean that the virgin mary herself would be proud to go in there and take a dump!"

10. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    like everywhere else,overpriced, just bigger!!

11. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I don't get there unless I go a little out of route, 18 miles farther to go down 380 and take 80 east to Chicago. It's big and has lots of things there, the restaurant is pretty good, and they have some fast food chains on the other side of that floor. That truck stop has become the flagship of the I80 group and originated the Cat Scale and the Truckomat truck wash. IOWA80 is A TA. There is a similar set-up though not as large, in MO on I-70

Heading out of there westbound, it's not too bad even on ice, but you have to cross the Interstate to go east. There is a grade to pull crossing that from either way. There is a smaller Pilot on the east bound side, but no scale, if you want to scale, both the westbound pilot and IOWA80 have truck scales.

Walcott CB is on the eastbound side(south), Blue Beacon Truckwash is across the street from the larger Pilot. There is usually parking at the larger Pilot even if IOWA80 is full. There is another restaurant across the road from IOWA80 and motels , I think there are three of them, plus a RV dealership.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.