Iowa man awarded $12 million after clinic misdiagnoses cancer

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chinatown, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Iowa man's prostate removed by mistake.
    An Iowa man has been awarded more than $12 million after a jury found that he wrongfully underwent surgery when a medical center gave him an erroneous cancer diagnosis.

The Iowa Clinic was ordered by a Polk County jury on Friday to pay 65-year-old Rickie Huitt $12.25 million after an anatomical laboratory directory mixed his samples with those of someone who tested positive for prostate cancer, WHO-TV reported.
    Dr. Joy Trueblood told prosecutors in a deposition that she was working on two patients in 2017 when she mixed up the files, ultimately informing Huitt that he had cancer.

The former John Deere factory worker was then scheduled for surgery and had his prostate gland removed, The Des Moines Register reported. He also suffered nerve damage and was left impotent.

Huitts’ lawyers initially asked for $15 million after he claimed side effects from the surgery affected his marriage and left him unable to control his bladder.

“For him, he’s lost his manhood,” Huitts’ lawyer told the jury.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I kinda think people ought to have gotten all their humping out of the way by that age anyway.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    The gym I go to has a few 65 year olds that look like they could do penal pushups with ease... so I doubt it changes much

D.Tibbitt and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Age doesn't have a lot to do with losing sexual desire or ability. Genetics and a life long diet of avoiding fats such as butter and steaks, etc. Fatty foods and high cholesterol levels and untreated diabetes, can bring a healthy sex life to a halt.
    Seeing those young truck drivers pigging out on sausage & biscuits covered in gravy & butter & pancakes and bacon; kinda' feel sorry for them, because at a relatively early age they'll be all talk and no action when they're eyeballin' some cute waitress.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Ky Flash and Gdog66223 Thank this.
  6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Lets circle back when you’re 64. :)

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I'll be 70 later this year and I hope I never get that "out of the way".

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you're still ok at 70, then the odds are in your favor to stay healthy. Keep the blood flowing, walk every day, eat at least halfway decently, take a 81 mg. aspirin & Saw Palmetto every day .
    I sometimes talk to some of my old Navy buddies and they're all impotent except the one that still boozes and chain smokes. In his case, it has to be genetics that keeps him healthy.
    One of them just got old and died, but at the time of his death, he had 2 children in elementary school; I think 2nd & 3rd grades. He was funny, had a DNA test done because he had a vasectomy and discovered the vasectomy wasn't successful and they are indeed his children.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    roadranger550 Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You and me both. I plan to continue right up til the day i die.

roadranger550, not4hire and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I found a good website for continuing a healthy fulfilling life of sexual health.
    I've been using the website for maybe 20 years now. There's men's and women's health products on there. They no longer take Visa Card, so you'll need another one.
    www.drugs-med.com

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Thanks but so far eating hapfway healthy and getting exercise is enough.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.