Iron Skillet no more

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by RockinChair, Sep 22, 2022.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    dam, i hate cold ice.

if you asked, would they have warmed it up for you..???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AsphaltFarmer

AsphaltFarmer Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2022
    New Mexico
    Yeah, actually the lady warmed it up no charge and when she spit it back in the cup she was nice enough to include her chewed up bubbalucious.

4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    What is it with hash browns in omelettes they suck. I am a hash brown guy but on the side please if you need a filler for the omelette you are making them wrong

5. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    bless her heart.

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    TA/Petro gave Dunkin Donuts express the boot out of all locations also... I'm not a fan of Dunkin coffee but it beats what TA has to offer.

7. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Now if only Pilots would do the same in all their southeastern locations. I'd much rather have the bean to cup machines.

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Same here, so now I ask them to leave the hash browns out. Problem solved.

9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I don't recall hash browns in my omelets from IHOP but it's also been awhile since I've had one there. Last time I got one, I remember thinking, there was to much egg and not enough of the other fillings. If I just wanted eggs, I'd order just eggs. If I order a western omelet I expect there to be stuff in it beside egg.

IHOP is nothing to write home about. Nor is Denny's. Both suck when compared to a non-franchise diner. I could say the same for most fast food places. Doesn't matter the burger joint. All their burgers suck compared to what I can make myself, or get from a non-fast food place. One trades quality for convenience.

For the record, I don't like hash browns in my omelet. I also don't like rice in my burrito or tacos.

[​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    each week, on my way to one of the shooting ranges, i stop at the Burger King, up the street from there.

i get a coffee and a Jr. Burrito.

that has those round hash browns in it....i think it is a filler of course, but for me, adds extra taste and is quite filling, as i can only eat 1.

if i were younger, i'd have most likely would have up to 4 of them.

for me, having "some chopped up" hash browns isn't a deal breaker, as i see it as a way to eat the burrito in 1 hand, and the coffee cup in the other....

since i don't have 3 hands.

11. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Before the east side filled up with Katrina refugees and the traffic got so bad around that area the Iron Skillet at the San Antonio Petro had more non trucker folks go there from as far as Sequin. Sunday mornings before and after church services it was the place for family's to be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.