IRP apportioned plates

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Duliz, May 7, 2008.

1. Duliz

Duliz Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2008
    McAllen, TX
    I live in Texas and currently in the process of purchasing my truck. I plan on running my rig interstate and was wondering if I need:

1.- TXDOT #?
    2.- KYU #?
    3.- apportioned plates for tractor and token for trailer?
    4.- Do I need a TXDOT # in order to acquire the apportioned plates?
    5.- New York HUT?

I already have my MC# and USDOT #

2. 550hpW900L

550hpW900L Road Train Member

Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    Cant tell you for sure if you need a TX dot, but since you have a US dot # then i dont think so. KYU well if you plan on running through kentucky then yes, if its not on the side of your truck going through a scale you will get pulled over and have to buy a permit. Same goes for the new york sticker. You will need apportioned plates on tractor, token for trailer. Trailer is a one time registration for life, as long as you own it you shouldnt have to renew it.

3. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I thought NY didn't have the hut sticker anymore as of two years ago?

TX has some funny ways of doing things youmay want to check at the licensing office. I would think the TXDOT is superceded by the federal numbers but you never know. I know you can run just in TX with only a TXDOT number which is something I'm considering doing, luckilly TX is a big state

4. 550hpW900L

550hpW900L Road Train Member

Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    You're right MM i think they did away with the sticker, i dont step foot in that state though so i dont know for sure.

5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    ya I sure never left anything there that I need to go back for that's for sure

6. 24valve puller

24valve puller Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    N.E. Oh
    still have to pay for it though but no more sticker

7. TX_Proud

TX_Proud Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Houston, TX
    1. Yes
    2. Only if you apportion for KY
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Wouldn't know; don't go there.

8. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Personaly, I do not believe you need a KYU # on the side of your truck. I see trucks in Kentucky all the time without that. Primarly the megacarriers inc.

But I put our KYU # on my truck anyways, just for my own peace of mind. Ya never know when you may run across a dick scalemaster wanting to play games or doesnt know the letter of the law.

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

From 05 to 07 when I was with Landstar they didn't have KYU stickers. Said we didn't have to have the stickers any more. Kinda like the HUT.

CO used to make you get a PUC sticker, now we don't need that no more either. WTF I wish these guys would just figure it out.

10. SPIKE 64

SPIKE 64 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2008
    San Antonio tx.
    Like TX Proud said but I'm apportioned for Ky. and on the application there is no requirement for a a ky. permit but, if running your own authority may be good to have.

• Draft saved Draft deleted