Is 1500-1800 mi/wk acceptable?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by greaterbaatezu, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Wheelsonthebusgo

Wheelsonthebusgo Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    I hear FFE is pushing 3500-4000 mile on drivers right now. Might wanna give them a shot. I am thinking about going to FFE for training, they sound like a good outfit. I spoke with an FFE rep that told me I could easily make around 50-60k a yr, so that sure beats what I make now (36k a yr) + I get to drive around, which I enjoy doing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    50-60k as a rookie?:biggrin_2556: If you believe that I have some beach front property in AZ I'll sell you cheap.

4. bwashburn

bwashburn Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Ocala,FL
    With the way the economy is...YES....Sad but true...Unless your willing to run elegal

5. bwashburn

bwashburn Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Ocala,FL
    which I don't recommend you doing....The FMCSA will be cracking down and with the new points system going into play it will be hard to find a job let alone losing your CDL

6. JimF

JimF "If you got it, flaunt it"

Jan 29, 2008
    Salisbury NC
    Only problem with that is there ain't no french fries jobs, at least around here. And they definitely don't pay $8. - $9. per hour, just min. wage.

Way back when I 1st got my CDL, an old time told me to never figure up what I was making per hour. He said the depression wouldn't be worth knowing it! :biggrin_25523:

Don't know when comapnies started this per diem per mile crap (I've even read where one company charges you like penny per mile to process it!), but unless it's mandatory, don't take it. You'll do better just taking the deduction at the end of the year. There's a old thread on here, somewhere, that breaks it down in detail.

Jim F

7. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Typical recruiter posting ... or brainwashed newbie ...

Either way - not credible ... :biggrin_25513:

Beechvtail Thanks this.
  8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Did he tell you about all the neat places you get to see:Straight road:, and the cool people you get to meet?:O_o_1PIRATES10:and the food out on the road is the best!!:smt078

9. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co

:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559: I once had a friend go to work for FFE, he quit while he was still out with his trainer. Bad trainer, bad company, bad exp.

10. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    LMMFAO

I recall a line from Super Troopers

spoken with a bad Irish accent "I'll believe that when me sht turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet"

Wheels, i think you might wanna do some searching on here about FFE, that's all I got to say about that.....still lmao these newbies and wannabes kill me

11. RickRoll

RickRoll Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Anytown, USA
    What's the gripe with the mileage? We're all under paid. Hell I was under paid in the flooring business. Companies take advantage of us. It's a corporate feudal system we have here. They pay you just enough so the worker bees don't quit.
    Everybody's situation is different though. 1500 or so miles is not great mileage but I could survive. If you've got kids, a mortgage, car payments etc... different story. I don't.

I'm getting into truck driving with low expectations! :biggrin_2554:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.