Is 772 fico score good

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Cat sdp, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    So, I've been keeping an eye on my score through credit karma (yeah, I saw it on tv). But, is that going to be an accurate score. I'm showing 806 currently. I started out just a few months ago mid 7's, followed some suggestions and it jumped. So, how close is the number I'm getting from them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    I use credit karma also and its within 1 point from my FICO from Discovercard. When i got my mortgage a couple years ago they were right on so i believe it to be pretty accurate.

Arky Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Your FICO score is somewhat important, but it is not the only measuring stick lenders use when it comes to making loans.

There is no substitute for establishing a relationship with a lender in a local community bank or credit union. Forget about the giant corporate banks. You're just a number on a scale to those people.

If I were to ask all the FICO experts out there if it were possible for me to obtain a new truck loan at 5.5% with 10% down, with a FICO of 698 and a bk 6 years ago, most would say no way.

If I were to go to a big bank and ask for that, they would chew me up and spit me out.

However, that's exactly what I just did. I established a relationship with a community bank lender, started with a smaller loan and then went in and shared my plan for a new truck after 5 months. He bought it and it worked out great.

TheDudeAbides Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.