Is a Blown tire causing truck to leave the roadway and crash into trees a "not at fault accident"

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Catliner, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That is the case IF you are driving a bus. For a truck, recaps are perfectly legal in ANY position.
    Regrooved tires, on the other hand, cannot be used on a steer axle if the tire is rated above 4920#.

§ 393.75

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    us xpress DOES NOT use recaps on steers

NavigatorWife and BigBluePeter Thank this.
  4. Diggler

Diggler Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Jax
    Wish I could agree but I examined them extra hard and have taken note on other trucks as time went on. They were recaps, I had a conversation with the terminal manager and several drivers about it.

5. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Doesn't make a lot of sense unless you are saying they are manufactured with recaps which is highly unlikely. Most of their trucks get turned in before 400k miles and most of the steers Ive dealt with lasted me at least 125k miles. I have never had them give me anything other than virgin rubber for replacements too. Not that I would let them if they tried. It sounds more like an axe to grind more than anything else here.

flood Thanks this.
  6. Diggler

Dec 15, 2015
    Jax
    Axle to grind? I run 3k++ miles solo dedicated, xpress signs my paychecks every week and I'm at the yard every other day. They have been good to me. I park 3 inches from the bobtails next to me, you see things.

7. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Well we can agree to disagree then because I'm not seeing it.

flood Thanks this.
  8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    In 12 years I've never seen a recap steer tire on a usx truck

9. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Well...if cords weren't hanging out of the steer,Prior to the wipeout.Seems unpreventable.Luckily not killed.If it were me and they tried to fault me and trash my record.I d tell me to go pack sand in there ... No sugar coating here.JMO

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I'm thinking you have no clue how to tell a recap vs a virgin tire. I also think you're parking a little too close to the bobtails next to you, unless you can't estimate distances very well either...

11. Diggler

Dec 15, 2015
    Jax
    You have no clue what I see or where we are forced to park in a yard under construction. Why would I need to explain myself to someone trolling me? I simply told the guy to keep an eye out for something, direct your ignorant post elsewhere.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.