Is a tire blowout considered a reportable n your dac?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rookietrucker, Feb 5, 2008.

1. truckinpa16

truckinpa16 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2007
    rochester ny
    so you had 4 blowouts in 2 months?? but you only had one with that company?? so in otherwords you went to 3 other companies in those two months?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    AS I stated earlier. I worked two months for this company. This was the first blowout of four that I had with this company. They reported this first one on my DAC. So why didn't they report the other three?

4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I was involved with the hiring process with a major oil company and this is what I think. I would have to think that this company is not a company that I would trust and I believe it's a huge waste of time.

There's is absolutely no way my company would even suspect the driver had any wrong doing here. They even state an " UNPREVENTABLE mechanical failure" which leads me to believe there's some real stupid people at that company.

I would try to remove it or at least make a statement on the report if you can. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it too much but please keep us posted if it does cause a problem. But I don't think it would. I can't tell where you're driving since you're in your backyard but caps blow all the time in the heat of the desert when you're loaded up to the max. So much we didn't even run them because in the past they destroyed our nice fenders.

5. rookietrucker

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I was in PA I- 76/70, Just came off the mountain when it blew. I have already requested a copy of my DAC. I plan on challenging it or at least get a rebuttal statement on my DAC.

6. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    That a trucker does not get a copy of the incident report filed on your DAC just as if you get a copy of a speeding ticket or accident report. They should give you at least 30 days to dispute the report before they add it on your DAC.
    Forgive me I am trying to learn all of this, I know nothing of what I speak. :biggrin_1square9:

7. rookietrucker

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Just a update on this. I failed to mention earlier, I was leasing a truck at the time when this said accident/incident happened. So, I got to thinking about this erroneous add to my DAC. If this was a accident, I would have had a claim on my insurance. So I called the insurance company and the nice lady researched the policy. She called me back a day later and said we didn't have any claims on the said truck. Hmmmm, really? So I told her my situation and asked her, Would it be possible to get a letter from you stating there was no accident or claim on the said vehicle and date. She gladly said yes. So hopefully this letter and my logbook will MAYBE help clarify this up with USIS. Now my next question is, Would it be worth the effort in hiring a attorney and sue for defamation of charactor? Or should I just be happy IF I get this removed off my DAC?

:biggrin_2556:

8. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Just be happy getting it off your DAC. After all, USIS IS allowed to make a mistake.

9. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The problem is, as of now, USIS is accountable to NO ONE. And it is up to the driver to PROVE the information is FALSE.

10. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Well, I have you beaten on the numbes alone. About 2 months ago, I headed out on a Monday morning with an empty trailer heading from home in Mich to Chicago to drop off the trailer and pick up a loaded one. Bam, a tire blows, the tread damages the fender above, and the fender drops down and chews up the other tire, resulting in me having to change out two flats.

Next morning, I pick up a trailer in the Chicago area, and I pick it up, pretrip it, and start to pull away. I get 300 foot, and one of the tires blows out a sidewall. Since it is about 5 am, I am back in the boonies of the railyard, and our normal tire guy that knows that location might not be the guy coming out, I decide to pull it about 1/4 mile up to the road where it will be visible from the road. As I drive up there, 2 more tires on the trailer lose sidewalls. I never ran over anything, and nothing I did could have punctured the sidewalls of the tires. Just crappy carcasses that decided to let go at that time. Tire guy comes out and has to pull the three tires, and finds that the 4th one has a flat spot bad enough that he may as well change it too.

So, 6 tires in a little over 24 hours!! First flats I had on anything for almost a year, and then they came in one big bunch.

Bottom line, it isn't something that belongs on a DAC. It's part of trucking, always has been, always will be. You can check a tire, and it can still blow 10 minutes later.

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  11. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    I guess you are lucky{if you can call 4 tires luck} that they let go before you got cranked up to highway speed.:biggrin_2556:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.