Is hauling liquid nitrogen considered cryo?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Sep 20, 2018.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I've been hearing stories about what can happen, once in a while get a cold spray on me and wonder, but I'm new so being very deliberate and not afraid to go ask another driver what to do. Interesting how many different ways there are to run the valves, and every driver thinks theirs is the right one.

I like loose gloves and I have shaken them off already. I like long gauntlets.

Sirscrapntruckalot and Oldironfan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    We had one truck where the loading computer failed to stop the flow, and it was shooting a stream of LOX 4 feet out of the top of the tailer vent. Luckily the driver was inside shooting the breeze with me. The nice thing is; there isn't much of a mess to clean up.

During our monthly safety briefings there were almost always cryo burn 'incidents' and most of those were due to complacency.

viper822004 Thanks this.
  4. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Cryo burns are just the tip of the iceberg brother like the other poster said you could have a scale get stuck and overload a trailer. There is asphyxiation while in enclosed spaces, oxygen saturation on clothing, hot tank/first fills etc etc.
    WEAR YOUR PPE! Remember your training, if not shure call someone, and don't panic if things go sideways.

lual, viper822004 and fargonaz Thank this.
  5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I assume this means you won't be carrying a bunch of frozen bodies for future de-thawing ala Demolition man? Or a bunch of heads...like Ted Williams, Jerry Leaf, Dora Kent and others?

Sadly...it seems the rumor of Walt being preserved..err frozen is just a rumor. :(

Interesting thread. I learned something new today..beyond Walt being a ice cube for the future being a lie. X2 :(

Sirscrapntruckalot - Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever. - Walt Disney

6. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Just use your head in all facets of operations whether it's swinging a hammer, disconnecting a line or somebody working next to you.
    Don't let yourself become distracted or complacent and you'll have a long incident free career.

speedyk Thanks this.
  7. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Hey I suggested that a few posts back, classic flick.

8. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I followed your suggestion and decided to post it. I wonder if that last scene was real.

9. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    I don't know but boy does it send a message.

10. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Rememer Charlie is also another outstanding safety video that can be found on YouTube. If you have kids and what not it will make you remember we all want to go home as we left. It's trainig 101 for us former fuel/petroleum haulers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.