Is it Boring to Drive a Truck?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by minniehaha, Aug 1, 2012.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I worked for london fog as a temp (Don't ask... it's a really.. degrading situation) in Skyesville Maryland or roughly it's region. I show up. Expecting to do business stuff.

No. They show me this little board room filled with envelopes.

I did not manage to escape from a school in which some deaf mentals are stacked into workshops folding envelopes all day mindlessly and disciplined when they got angry and uppity... to do this work for a large corporation for crumbs in money, mostly burnt in gas to get there.

Their own secretaries can fold the bills thank you very much. That is what Accounts Recoverable is for.

I left after one hour. The yelling started from the temp company I told them save it for some other minion. They exploded then. How dare I etc. Who are you.. and so on. *Click.

That pretty much set the stage for trucking. A very long time ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Not at all boring. Trying to stay alive while you use the same road as idiots (cars AND trucks). Never boring.

4. Travelworld2067

Travelworld2067 Light Load Member

May 10, 2018
    There is no boobies no hot women anywhere. Its not boring per se but its not for anyone. Its stressful stupid 4 wheelers like you always running around like they r in a race for the last crack cocaine rock in their state. I love it out west with scenery that never gets boring.. no iowa indiana nebraska. #### someone wreck already im so bored need excitement
    My favoirtue place is oregon everyone always gives me a peace sign. ####ing stoners wish i could be like them one day #### feds will do whats right like canada ohh a joint after driving a truck all day ohh baby that would be awesome calm my anger n sleep well

5. River9601

River9601 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Springfield Illinois
    I’ve been driving for a dozen year sor so and I still enjoy it. Worked for somebody else my first couple years and it was nowhere near as fun. Now that i’ve got my own rig, ungoverned and 605 ponies I have a little fun out there. Now if I drove a freightshaker for a mega i wouldn’t be nearly as happy.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I enjoyed good food.

I would have driven 600 miles in 10 hours to get to a particular spot and be there for dinner.

Company? Ha. That's just along for the ride.

Eating place wants to know if I need a menu I say no. Ive been working on the order last 300 miles... here is what we gonna do.. this, that, something else and grab drink and done.

7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Yes. It is the absolute worst thing you can do. Sitting in a truck for hours on end, watching the scenery go by. Sometimes you get to watch the hawks and buzzards fly around. Occasionally you might see a big horn sheep or some elk, maybe even a few antelope.
    Cattle you will see a lot of them. If your in the right spot, you get to see the sun come up or set, depends on the time of day. During the meteor showers, night driving could be interesting, natures light show. But the one thing that never changes, is you arse is in the seat for hours.

skellr Thanks this.
  8. Lav-25

Lav-25 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2018
  9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Nah to many things to complain about, i mean having to deal with unskilled 4 wheelers, worse still unskilled CDL drivers in training, RV's , people taking there 10 hr breaks at the fuel station i've got no time to be bored, and then reading all the hogwash on here i'm always entertained ( apologies to all who don't talk hogwash of course)

10. BobtheTruckerSince1990

BobtheTruckerSince1990 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2018
    It's like watching a Smokey and the Bandit Movie. Where nothing happens and no Firebirds

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.